Chapter 4

Katie and Micheal raced downstairs. Katie held the letter in her hand and burst into the living room to see Cody.
"Where's Casey?" Katie asked menacingly.
"Kitchen," Cody replied as he eyed the letter. Katie threw open the kitchen door to see a startled Casey.
"What is the meaning of this letter Casey?" Katie asked as tears rolled down her cheeks.
"Where did you find this?" Casey asked angrily as he snatched the letter from Katie's grasp. Casey's face turned from anger to pure shock.
"I guess the genetics tally up, this was the explanation I didn't want to be true," Casey muttered as he traced his left hand over his scar on his left cheek.
"What exactly?" Katie asked.
"What hand do you write with?" Casey sighed as he pulled out a piece of paper.
"I'm left handed," Katie said, confused.
"Okay, this letter is genuine," Casey said absent-mindedly.
"Who would my real family be?" Katie asked Casey.
"Micheal, which hand do you write with?" Casey asked, brushing off Katie's question.
"I'm left handed," Micheal replied meekly.
"I'm see. Blonde hair, blue-green eyes, left handed. There is a 45% chance that Katie is related to you," Casey concluded as Mrs Church walked through the door.
"Casey, Katie and Micheal, what is going on?" She asked herself children. Katie picked up the letter and gave it to her mother. Mrs Church read through the letter and sighed.
"I want to know everything," Katie stated.
"Okay. Christopher and I had three biological children, all three were boys. However, we so desperately wanted a daughter, so we travelled up to the adoption centre in London. There was a blonde haired girl with two babies, twins. The girl looked at me and asked which one I wanted. I looked at them both, one a girl and the other was a boy. I asked her if I could take the girl and she handed over the girl and took the boy home with her," Mrs Church explained.
"Who was the blonde haired woman who gave you Katie?" Micheal asked. Mrs Church looked between the three children and sighed.
"Casey already figured it out," the tired woman mumbled.
"I was right. Micheal and Katie are twins," Casey beamed.
"But I live with my 21 year old brothers, my mother died years ago," Micheal said.
"Well, you have to take Katie to them. She has found out and she belongs with her real family," Mrs Church said as tears began to form. Katie nodded and ran upstairs. She picked up a backpack and stuffed some clothes, books, a notebook and the bundle of letters inside along with her school equipment in another bag. She closed the bag and looked at her room one last time. Katie locked the door and turned to Micheal, hugging him.
"Will the other two like me?" Katie asked.
"Of course they will," Micheal assured her.
"I was hoping that we could visit you sometime," Callum and Cody said as they joined in the hug.
"I'm gonna miss you Katie," Cody admitted.
"Same Katie. I'm gonna miss you like hell. It won't be the same without you," Callum added.
"I'm will see you two at school on Monday," Katie said as she gave Callum and Cody a kiss on the cheek each. She slid down the banister and stood by the front door. Mrs Church gave Katie a purse filled with money.
"I'm can't send you off without any money. Give the money straight to Leonardo or Lorenzo," Mrs Church instructed as Micheal opened the door for Katie. They both headed outside and to the bus stop.

***************************

Katie knocked on the door and looked up at Leonardo.
"What can I do for you Miss Church?" Leo asked politely.
"I'm Katherine," Katie mumbled to him. Leo's eyes widened as he looked at Katie. He threw his arms around her.
"After all these years, you came back to us," Leo beamed.
"You can let go now," Katie groaned as she tried to push Leonardo off.
"Keep it down, I'm reading the newspaper!" Lorenzo shouted from the living room.
"She's back Lorenzo," Leo shouted back. The living room door opened and the tall blonde haired Lorenzo popped out.
"Great Lord she has..."