Chapter 7

"Where exactly are we going?" Bucky asked.
"The woods," Katie replied, rolling up her knee length skirt so it was halfway up her thighs. She ditched her bag by a large oak tree and shoved her blazer and tie inside.
"Katie, why are we leaving school?" Micheal asked, taking off his blazer and tie and putting them in his bag.
"We are going to see the crime scene," Katie explained as she shivered a little from the cold. She rubbed her arms as she started running east. Her skirt caught on a blackberry bush as she ran past. Her hand shot out to gap hold of something, Bucky's arm, in order to steady herself. Micheal tripped over a tree root and grabbed Katie, who fell over. Bucky helped the two up and they kept running until they met a large river. It was too fast to swing across. The boys nodded at each other. Bucky climbed the tree and pulled a small axe out of the backpack he was still wearing. Bucky managed to hack off a large branch, causing it to land on the path. Katie and Micheal pushed it so it was halfway across the river. Bucky jumped down and grabbed Katie's hand.
"What are you doing?" Katie shrieked as she was pulled to the end of the log. Bucky picked her up and threw her the rest of the way, making a thud as she hit the ground.
"Are you okay?" Bucky asked.
"I think you broke my arm," Katie yelled back, her arm sticking out at an odd angle. She was holding back tears as Bucky threw Micheal over. Micheal grabbed a stick and ripped his shirt sleeve. He tied the stick to her arm as a splint in a tight tourniquet. Katie cried out on multiple occasions. Bucky looked at the water and dove into the water, swimming the short distance to the bank. Bucky dragged himself up and tried to keep his hair out of his face.
"Is everyone okay?" Bucky asked.
"Yeah, besides a broken arm," Katie replied.
"I'm fine, are you?" Micheal asked Bucky.
"Yeah, as long as you two are okay," Bucky said as he took of his hoodie and tied it around his waist. The sun shone through the leaves on the trees, leaving beans of gold in front of the three teens. Katie ran through the trees until she saw the yellow and black tape. The ebony and brunette boys followed her and cautiously lifted up the tape so they could go under it.
"We found him."