Chapter 1~Cat?

Chapter One~Cat?

I quietly shut my book, standing up. I weaved through the library's isles trying to be quiet. The Librarian nodded as I passed. I opened the door, letting it fall shut.

I walked along the block, occasionally looking into shop windows.

I was on a street, so cars often passed so when a truck pulled over in front of me, I didn't suspect anything.

I just walked past, peering into a window with paintings.

A man came out dressed in a suit, holding a white cloth. I glanced at him. He walked up, matching my pace.

"Nice day, isn't it?" He said casually, as if it was perfectly normal to be making conversation with a complete stranger. And also, it was practically nine! Pm!

I didn't get a chance to answer because he jumped towards me, wrapping the cloth around my mouth, preventing me to scream.

I breathed shallow, knowing that the cloth must have chemicals in it to make me sleep.

I pretended to faint, forcing my body to go limp in his grip.

He was not fooled. He pressed harder with the cloth, forcing me to breath the chemicals.

The last thing I saw was another man, holding a ginger cat with gigantic green eyes.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I awoke from what felt like a deep sleep,

I groggily lifted my head in the darkness, trying to see. Even though it was pitch black, I could still faintly see. Almost like I had night vision. I quickly dismissed the thought. Night vision? Really? The things my brain comes up with sometimes.

I could see the outline off a counter in front off me, medical tools neatly spread out on it. I was lying on a table, my legs and arms clamped to the table.

I stretched my neck, feeling small cracks. My neck felt strangely shorter, and I felt almost... fur, brushing on my neck. It's probably just my hair, I told myself.

I stared down at my legs, thinking about how I can see in the dark. Well, cats can see in the dark. Maybe I can try doing something only a cat can do to prove to myself that I'm fine and the only thing to worry about is that I'm strapped to a table.

I thought about it for a moment. Cats can move their ears, and tail and can sheath and unsheath their claws. Maybe I'll try one.

I decided on flicking my ears. Positive that I could not, and tentatively moved my ears.

It worked! How is this possible? I tested my ears a few times and learned that I can move them in different directions, facing my ears one way.

I realized that my ears must be on top of my head, because if they weren't on top then they would brush the side of my head.

I was distracted by a slight movement near the base of my body. I felt almost as if I was moving something, but I wasn't sure what. I gaped at what I saw.

My body, long and furry, with four paws and a bushy tail.

I was a cat.  A cat.

I just could not wrap my head around this idea. I ran my tongue along my teeth, feeling sharp, wicked cat teeth.

I was shocked. How could I have turned into a cat?

I had one more test that would prove for sure that I was a cat.

I wasn't even sure how I did it. I must have known instinctually how to do it. I slowly unsheathed my claws.

It was official.

I was a cat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note:

Thank you for taking the time to read this book. Please be advised that this book has slightly slow updates. I would really appreciate it if you voted and commented. I will reply! Thanks.

-Bob🚀