Sophie's Little Monsters

"It sounds like it's over." said Eric  "You're right, everything is quiet now.  We still have to wait at least four hours before attempting to open the door." explained Mark   "Well it looks like my mother and your daughter are asleep.  The only still in the den is your wife." said Eric, "Well, I'm going to see If I can get some sleep.  Tomorrow we have a long day, later man," said Mark as he disappeared into the den, while Erie walked down the hall to the bedroom he was sharing with his mother.

AS the world began to wake, so did everyone and everything.  Sophie, woke up, went and fix herself a bowl of cereal and began to watch a little TV.  It's funny sometimes kids, don't realize when they were in danger and mature natural didn't play.

Half of the forest trees were now on the ground, covered with ice and snow.  Serial animals began to big themselves out from under the snow and ice.  Once they were free, they began to run north.  The sky was filled with birds, their trees were knocked down and destroyed.  The birds flew north, looking for a new tree and build a nest while carrying their babies across to safety.

The townsfolks realized that Mark was right on the money.  He saved their lives, and they were going to make sure he knew this.  The townsmen began to dig their family's out.   Mark and Eric woke up before the ladies.  So, they fix some breakfast and coffee.  Once he was done eating, Sophie walked into the kitchen part of the bomb shelter.  "Dad, this noise last night was fighting.  Is it going to happen again?" she asked as she sat at the table.  "It's not going to happen again, I really can't say.  But I hope that was the end." explained Mark   "I hope not.  I didn't like feeling afraid.  When can we go back home?" she asked as she began to eat. "It might be a week.  Why? You don't like it down here?' asked her father with a smile.  

"No, it's kind of creepy.  So, what are you about to do?" she asked   "Sweetie, go watch tv.  Eric and I need to open up this door. I don't know what's going to happen.  So I need you out of the way.  Got it?" he explained.   "Can't I help?" she asked as she walked away towards the tv..  "I promise if I need any help you'll be the first person I call. Now go, I have a thing to do," said Mark as he and Eric walked the steel door.  The two men began to open up the locked on the steel door.

The door was stuck, they tried several times to open it up without any luck.  Julie has just woken up when she saw them struggle with the door.  She went into the kitchen and filled up a cup with hot water.  Then she poured it over the locks, "Now open it." she said as moved out of his way.