Part 31 - Peace Love And Violence

WARNING: Mild Swearing

I slip my key into the front door and collapse into the house. Falling onto my bed, I take off my socks, shoes and let my hair down. I quickly get dressed into a normal outfit. I sigh. I am so thankful for having such an understanding friend like Bella, after the match, we played two more games and we won all of them (of course). Now it was time to see how Rhett and Dylan will react to the news. It's was going to be easier for Rhett, hopefully, he had saw us yesterday but I'm still extremely anxious about Dylan and I pray he doesn't lash out...

"Jennifer!" Rhett chimes from the lounge room.

I get up from my bed and walk down the hall and see the two of them relaxing on the couch. The small television was playing the newest episode of Doctor Who, on screen, The Doctor was looking upset and shouting at a Darlek, that Clara was stuffed into by Missy. I shake my head and turn to Link, leaning down and whispering in his ear my plan. He nods.

"How was the concert?" I say casually.

"It was great! A lot of fans met up with us afterwards and got a bunch of gifts!" Rhett replies and points to the pile of fan-made presents stacked on the dining room table.

"Sounds like you had a good time, umm, Link, could you do me a favor?"

"Yeah" Link replies and looks at me.

"Could you run down to the shops and grab a few things? I'm just going to take Rhett out for lunch while your out too"

"Sure! Could you right down a list?"

I nod and go into my room again. I scavenge for a pen and paper, finding some by my desk and writing down a small list. I told Link I would break the news to Rhett whilst he was out shopping. I also needed to grab some more food too so I was killing two birds with one stone.

I go out to the lounge room and hand the note to Link. Rhett seemed slightly confused, which I could understand.

"Rhett, is it alright if we go out to The Coffee Club?"

"Um, yeah, whatever suits you"

"Jenny?" Link says while looking at the shopping list.

"Yes?" I lean over the couch and glance over his shoulder.

"What's a 'Capsicum'?" He replies confused.

"That's what we call red peppers in Australia, I forgot that you're not from around here" I chuckle lightly.

"Okay, I'll take the rental car and you two can travel in Jenny's car" Link gets up from the sofa and walks past me, heading to the front door.

"See y'all soon" He says before jingling the car keys in his hands and leaves the house.

I finally breathe for the first time the last minute. I see Rhett looking at me intently with questioning eyes. He looked scared but I tried to put that behind me. I grab my own car keys and wallet.

"Come on..." I mumble.

*****

Rhett and me had situated us on a small table at The Coffee club outside the local Westfields. The car ride had been awkward and silent, which was strange for Rhett in particular. We we're sitting outside the bust complex, the tall man sat across from me as I sipped noisily on my iced mocha.

"So what exactly did you bring me here for?" Rhett started while he gulped down some of his own drink.

"This probably won't come as a shock,"

"Go on..." He says and looks at me straight in the eye.

"Link and I have st-"

"JENNIFER!" A familiar voice calls out for me.