Part 27 - Forgiveness

I step inside, the duo both quickly facing me with wide smiles. I look at them both and playfully sigh.

"Gosh, I can't leave you two for a few minutes without laughing up a storm!" I say sarcastically.

"We we're just talking about the weird stuff we did as kids..." Rhett replies with a grin.

"Sure will be nice when they make this road four lanes...!" Link blurts out before he starts, literally, rolling on the floor laughing along with his friend.

"Wait, what did you say?" I run over to them and crouch down, helping them up to the couch again.

"Sure will be nice when they make this road four lanes, it's a little inside joke we have" Link continues, his face turning serious.

"Oh, uh, okay then, it's just, my friend Dylan said that to me yesterday.."

"Is he a Mythical Beast?" Rhett asks.

"Yeah, and so is my Teacher. Dylan actually owns one of your shirts, the one that says 'Rub Some Ba-" that is when I remembered.

I pushed everything aside in my mind and turned to Link, who was fiddling with his hands and staring downward.

"Come to think of it, another friend of mine said to 'rub some bacon on it' to me a long time ago." I say whilst looking at the dark haired man.

"Oh, and who was that?" Rhett asks innocently, oblivious to the awkwardness of the situation.

"Link told me that... 16 years ago" I replied.

"Jenny, you do understand that video was not meant to be offending but it was just for comedy purposes, right?" He finally mutters as he gazes into my blue eyes.

"Yeah, I do, it just came as a shock to me at first," I lied, in actual fact, it hit me like a ton of bricks "But I forgive you"

Link  slowly forms a small smile and keeps looking at me until he breaks the silence.

"Well, we should be heading to bed"

"Okay, goodnight Link, Goodnight Rhett" I beam as I start to walk down to my room

"Niiiight!!" They both call out in unison, making me giggle.

*****

I wake up abruptly, shaking and crying. My dog quivering at my feet when I recall the nightmare. My breathing is irregular as I try to fill my deprived lungs with oxygen, I look around my small room and sigh whilst Little Miss waddles up to me and cuddles me. It's so depressing being alone in such a large bed, so my dog is great company. Just at that moment, the two men who are temporarily staying at my house peek their heads through the doorway.

"Are you okay Jennifer?" Rhett asks, switching on the lights.

"yeah, yeah, just a bad dream..." I mumble as I sniffle and rub my watery eyes from the blinding light.

"It didnt seem like it, we could hear you screaming from the other side of the house"

"oh..."

Rhett sits down next to me, the bed sagging under his enormous figure. He wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my head, I close my eyes and enjoy the comforting embrace.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Link says as he crouches next to me.

"Uh, um, maybe later, whats the time?"

"4:15am"

"Okay, i'll probably go back to sleep"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I should be alright"

"Well just say the word and we'll be here"

The two get up and walk over to the door. I sigh as the warm being gets up from my side, leaving me feeling cold and lonely. I place up and see them leave the room and flick the light switch on the way out, the room having a creepy glow from the moonlight.

"uh, um, Rhett?" I call out into the darkness.

"Yes Jennifer?" He asks as he turns around the corner in a flash.

"C-could you stay here?"

"Of course" Rhett replies with a wide smile. I follow his shadow across the room with my eyes as he comes to the side of the bed. He slips under the covers along with me, holding me gently in his arms. I've missed this feeling of company too much.

I slowly doze off and was begining to feel weightless in his warm embrace. Only to come smashing down to Earth as he whispers in my ear

"I love you..."

A/N:

Hello Lovelies! Uploading bit earlier tonight since I, STILL, NEED, TO, INSTALL, WORD, DOCUMENT. Wow, I'm lazy...

I had an exhausting day today at Tangalooma and Moreton Island, but tomorrow is my Step-Dads birthday, and he's working, again *rolls eyes*.

Question: What is your most embarrassing moment today?

For me, I was on the 'Discovery Tour', which is a small boat you travel on to spot marine life. I was standing between Bella and Oscar, when Bella starts telling Oscar how I read and write Rhink, explaining what it is. I was so extremely close to jumping off the boat and taking my phone which contains the Wattpad app on it along with me (I actually just shrivelled into a prune and died laughing instead). Congratulations for embarrassing me Bella...

Toodles,

WriteTillWeDie