Chapter 65 - It's never over

a/n: close to end,we are...hehe :P

let me know what you think :)

CHAPTER 65 - IT'S NEVER OVER

ERIC'S POV

"It's a huge risk, but it's the only solution." Jake told me after he'd informed me about his plan. Risk doesn't cut it, but he's right. It's the only solution. As he told me, they've been negotiating with the Armorer to have him withdraw the bounty he put on my head for that truck I dumped years ago.

Thinking back, it was a really stupid move. But I wasn't in my right mind, we'd just ended our job and I was supposed to send the truck back to its owner, but ... I was on the phone with my old partner when it happened. As a matter of fact, I remained in line as he died, shot to death by the Armorer in person. Just because. He even came to answer the phone, mocking me: "You surely didn't believe you'd get away with it, did you?".

He told me he'd taken care of the guy we helped and now of my partner ... useless to say I was the last one missing. I wasn't scared, I quite simply let him hear as I literally dumped 27 millions of his, careful to destroy them so that he wouldn't be able to retrieve them, and since then he's been chasing me all over the country, to the point that I have no idea how did I manage to always escape.

Despite all those people hunting me down to collect the bounty. It's fair to say that, among my enemies, the Armorer is the most determined and most ruthless. I have no doubt he'd see to torment every single person I care about or that cares for me before ending me. My stepfather was a newbie compared to this guy.

But, Jake and his friend Lukas, who I have never seen neither talked to, but he's also a friend of Natalie's and she trusts him, so ... anyway, those two have been working to fix my troubles, which I'm thankful for, even though the biggest part comes now.

You see, Jake just informed me that while they've been able to send most of my enemies off track, it still remains the Armorer, who's way too clever to believe I'm either in Australia or rotting in a prison in Russia. Hence, they believe that the only solution is to fake my death.

I argued with Jake that I did that already and it didn't work, the guy's too smart, but Jake retorted that, according to Lukas, this time it might work because it'd be different, namely, the Armorer needs to see it with his eyes. He needs to watch me as I exhale my last breath in front of him. Possibly and preferably, at the hands of the guy himself.

That's the complication. Till it's indirect, like ... he sees me from afar falling off a roof, it's not that hard, but it gotta be from a close distance and preferably he gotta do it himself. Knowing him, he'll want to look straight at my face when he does it, so he won't want to do it differently other than shooting me with his loyal desert eagle, so you see, the most suitable idea is for me to face him directly. Like ... only a few inches apart.

Now how do you pretend to be dead when your enemy has shot you from such short distance? Well, Jake has the solution, but it might not work, and it's not about losing a game here, there's no second chance, if everything goes south, my death might not be that fake after all, but it's a risk I gotta take. For Natalie and Noah. For the sake of our family. And because I'm damn tired of fleeing. I need to get this over with, so that my princess and I can finally live our love.

***

NATALIE'S POV

"What do you mean you want to go out for a walk?" I asked Eric. I entered upon him getting dressed, and when I asked him for reasons, he said he was going out for a walk ... with my cousin, no less. Talk about suspicious behavior.