Ch. 50

"Time to warm up!" Izuki-senpai said, stretching his arms. Akashi-kun walks up to the duo and greets them.

"Yo. It's been a while, Tetsuya."

"Yes, Akashi-kun." The red head glance at you, who was behind Kagami-kun. You were trying not to make contact but just when he was about to say something, Kagami-kun went up to Akashi-kun first. Akashi-kun, who was angered a bit, brought him down on the floor.

"Kagami-kun/-tan!" you and the others said, feeling a little worried for Kagami-kun. You went in front of Kagami-kun, looking at Akashi-kun. When you looked into his heterochromatic eyes, you felt a slight chill running down your arms. Yes, you were in love with Akashi-kun but at times, he can be quite intimidating.

"Tetsuya. If you're going to face me, you should prepared. I was the one who discovered your talent. Sooner or later, you'll come to realize that." Kuroko-kun says nothing but glares at Akashi-kun.

Seirin started watching the match. For some slight reason, you couldn't take your eyes off of Akashi-kun. He was overpowering Shutoku. When you see Takao going up to Midorima, your eyes were on the two of them now. That's when Kuroko-kun started to have a little hope, "Midorima-kun and his team hasn't given up yet."

Later on during the match, Hyuuga had said something, "Though they have a different style, they're really similar to you guys. That really looks like the light and shadow from Shutoku."

"You're right." Kuroko-kun said. You looked at Kuroko-kun when he said that. 'Kuro-tan... Somehow, I feel like Kagami-tan and Kuro-tan, both made them change. The Shin-tan I knew back in middle school was never like that. Ryou-tan, Shin-tan, Dai-tan, and probably Atsushi-tan, they all changed, thanks alot to those two huh? Somehow that makes me feel a little happy yet sad.'

Akashi-kun let out a small sigh. He steps back and shoot in own goal. "When did I tell you to drop your concentration? The game isn't over yet. Did your nerves relax because we got a huge lead? They scored several goals in a row is good proof of that feeling. Calm your heads a bit. If we were to lose, you can criticize me as much as you want because the reason we lost would be that shot. I'll take full responsibility and quit the team. Furthermore, as proof of atonement for my sin... I will gouge out both of my eyeballs, and I will offer them to you."

You flinch, your face turning pale. A sudden chill and gasp came out. Kuroko-kun who notices this, holds your hand and whispers, "Calm down."

"What are you talking about? You don't have to go that far!"

"That's only if we lose. We have no issues if we win." Akashi-kun said, "I'm not worried at all. Because I'm confident. With you guys here, there's no way we can lose."

"..S..Sei-tan..." you said, clenching your hands. Rakuzan started to shoot more points. You flinch again, when Akashi-kun stopped the pass between Takao and Midorima.

"It's not over yet!" Takao yells.

As the match slowly comes to an end, you listened to Akashi-kun's words. "Now rest, king of veterans."

You grind your teeth, "You worked hard, Shutoku.."

Midorima walks up to Akashi-kun to give him a handshake but Akashi-kun declines. As they walked back, you looked around as everyone starts to get ready for the next match.

"Coach, I-"

"Going to see Shutoku or Akashi-kun?"

"S-Shutoku. I'm worried about Shin-tan.." you said, "I know this is a bad time but.."

"It's the same thing when we won against Shutoku and the rest of the matches we won against along the way. Athletes are the same. We dislike it if our rivals are pitying us out of sympathy. I want you to let them calm down and then ask. It might be rough for them at first but they'll accept it and continue to grow stronger. They might be taking themselves too harshly but cheer them on later, ne?"

"I get it. I won't go." You turn around to see Kise waving at you.

"Too bad for Midorima-cchi." he said, smiling sadly.

"Y-Yeah. Ryou-tan, you should-"

"I noticed you call me by -tan, again!" Kise said, smiling. "Why? Was there a reason to it?"

"No." you said, blankly, shaking your head.

"Hmm, fine be secret with me," Kise said, crying anime tears. "How are things with you and Akashi-cchi anyway? You seem to be more cautious when you're around him."

"It was intentional! S-Sei-tan, he hasn't changed. He's been more frightening lately." you looked down.

"So is it Kuroko-cchi then? The person you really love?"

"I-I don't know. Everything is still so confusing."

"You know for someone who seems to be committed to one person, how were you able to accept your feelings for Akashi-cchi? You should believe in him a little more." Kise tells you, "Even I know how Akashi-cchi can be scary! But I know very well he won't hurt you or make you feel sad."

"Ryou-tan.."

"Oi!! Kise! Stop talking to the other team and do the warm up already!"

"Hai, hai!" the model turns around and give you a warm smile. "See ya, (Y/N)-cchi!"

"Thanks, Ryou-tan!"

'Geez, I might be a really nice guy to help my rivals. Kise Ryota, you are an idiot, aren't you?'

"Ryou-tan! We won't lose today!"

"Nah, we'll beat you and head to the finals!"

'Somehow I feel pump up. Sorry Kuroko-cchi, you can have (Y/N)-cchi but I'll have this match!'