Ch. 36

With Aomine-kun trying to give out the first impression by taking the first shot, Kuroko-kun also does his new drive that he was practicing called Ignite Pass Kai. Suprisingly, the ball knocks Aomine-kun's hand out of the way. The beginning of the match made everything felt intense. It even made you felt pump up. Later on during the game, it felt like Hyuuga-senpai and Sakurai was both battling against each other. This was definitely an interesting match that you haven't seen in a while. You couldn't help but to smile.

❖❖❖

After the first set of the game was over, the team decided that Kuroko-kun should do his Vanishing Drive. But once the ball had reach Kuroko-kun, Kuroko-kun had to go on a one-on-one with Aomine-kun which lead us to a mistake. Aomine-kun had took the ball away from Kuroko-kun. He then tells Kuroko-kun after his dunk, "A shadow can't defeat the light." Kuroko-kun looks at him with shock as Aomine-kun walks passes him. Riko-senpai realizes something and quickly calls for a time out. When the ball was given to Kuroko-kun again, the sky blue hair boy tries his drive again but Aomine-kun stops it. His eyes widen, couldn't believe his eyes. You widen your eyes, your eyes lock on the sky blue hair boy.

❖❖❖

"First up. Kuroko-kun, you're out." Riko-senpai say to Kuroko-kun. You stood behind him, looking at him with pain in your eyes. Kuroko-kun looks at Riko-senpai with a gasp but looks down, agreeing to it. He grips onto his shorts, "Damn it."

Suddenly, a few tears began to fall from the sky blue hair boy's eyes. You couldn't touch him. What were you supposed to say? How could you cheer up Kuroko-kun at a time like this? "Damn it." he said again.

"Kuro-" Kagami-kun pats him on the head.

"It's not useless, you idiot." Kagami-kun tells him. "Everyone believes you'll come back. Don't give up this time. While you're sitting out, I'll show him. There's no such thing as useless effort."

You touch Kuroko-kun's hand that was slightly still gripping onto his shorts. He release his grip and your put it on your right cheek, both hands holding onto his. "Don't give up just yet. The game isn't over yet. A shadow probably can't win against the light.. But Seirin can. Believe, Kuro-tan."

❖❖❖

As Kagami-kun goes on a one-on-one with Aomine-kun, Kagami-kun surprises Aomine-kun by blocking his formless shoot. You, and probably everyone on the court looked surprised. "Go for it!" you yelled. Kuroko-kun looks at you. This game is getting heated. Kagami-kun tries a formless shoot, which passes Aomine-kun's hand but it doesn't make it in. You flinch. "Dai-tan...?"

"What's wrong, (Y/N)-chan?" Kuroko-kun asks. You shook your head.

"It's probably just me." But you could of sword that his finger was hurt when he did that. When you look back at Kuroko-kun, he was gone.

❖❖❖

"Kuro-tan." you said, after looking for him. He had walked in with Kagami-kun, like they just had their own talk.

"(Y/N)-chan. I'm sorry for making you worried. It's time for me to go back on the court now."

"Go for it." you said, showing a small smile.

❖❖❖

Misdirection Overflow. It was like seeing a bunch of Kuroko-kun's everywhere. But still this takes more stamina and gives Kuroko-kun to a more of a heavy burden. But because of this, Too is shocked and is still overwhelm with what happened. You look at Kuroko-kun. This was way too much for you. You started to prepare drinks and towels and place them next to you. You grab something out of your pocket. It was your fan that you had brought to you at every game. You put it next to the towel and the drink and continue to watch the game.

❖❖❖

"Kuro-tan, you're too tired." you said.

"Sorry, can you tape my legs?" Kiyoshi-senpai asks. You look at him, then to Kuroko-kun.

"Here, Kuro-tan. Drink." you walk over to Kiyoshi-senpai and started taping his legs. You took a small glance at Aomine-kun, who has his head down.

As you finished taping his legs, the boys go back walking on the court, you could sense something with Aomine-kun.

❖❖❖

A chill went down your spine. 'What is this?' you ask yourself. Aomine-kun seems different. You widen your eyes, clenching your fists. "Is this Aomine-kun's true form?"

(A/N: I just realized at this part omg, when I watching the video just now, Akashi called him Aomine, instead of Daiki.)

❖❖❖

The zone. Aomine-kun was in the zone? You had just remember something that Midorima had told you a while a back. People who enter the zone, are the people who has the ability to take up like a second form. A door that opens that takes in to a whole different level.

With Aomine-kun and Kagami-kun going on a one-on-one, everyone couldn't get in the way. But still, everyone is desperately trying to block Aomine-kun's shoots. We noticed the Misdirection Overflow has also weaken. Kuroko-kun, who notices this, quickly rushes himself to the ball and falls down.

"Kuro-tan!" you yelled. You clench your fist and look at the game. "Please.. win!!"

It was no longer about the promise with you and Momoi, now. Seirin had to win. We can't shed tears. You don't want to cry. You didn't want to see Kuroko-kun cry like that. And just when you ask for a speck of hope, you had widen your eyes to see Kagami-kun in the zone as well.

A/N: I'm sorry for the late update. I should of upload this chapter earlier. And yeah, I know about the ending of the game but since it was getting too long so I saved it for the next chapter.