Ch.12

You were right. You didn't see Aomine-kun. He wasn't even there. After a while, when they had finally started playing, Too was good. It was 4 minutes and Too already got 10 to 4. They're strong. If they're this good without Aomine-kun, Seirin was in big trouble. As time passed, you notice that Kagami-kun wasn't like himself... 'Was he still hurt?' you thought.

"Coach. Can we have a member switch?" you ask her. When you ask her, Riko-senpai notice it as well.

"Your injuries haven't fully healed yet, huh?" Riko-senpai asks Kagami-kun, while you start to look at his leg.

"No, I'm fine." Kagami-kun said.

"Don't worry, let me tape your legs." you said. You could hear him grunting, sounding ticked off. "Don't worry, I'll try to do it fast."

After you finished taping Kagami-kun legs, Riko-senpai apologizes to Kagami-kun. Kagami-kun assured Riko-senpai that she was just like me who does too much work as well. She shouldn't be ashamed. This made you thought a lot and maybe get a little close to Riko=senpai, cause just like you, you guys both worry for the team. Just before Kagami-kun went on the court once again, Aomine-kun greets himself.

"Dai-tan.." you said, as Kagami-kun pushes Aomine-kun away. You walk up to him and you could see him looking at you.

"Long time no see, (Y/N)." he said to you, with that idiotic smile on his face.

You and Aomine-kun got along very well. You even talked to him about Momoi and Kuroko-kun a lot. He was cheerful and optimistic but you never figure out what's on his mind. Even though you trusted and got along with him, it was differnt after he started skipping practice. You had stopped talking to Aomine-kun, knowing he was different. He was perverted and the look on his face was different.. You missed the Aomine-kun who you hanged out. Just like Momoi, you thought that losing can help him be back to the way he was. After all he was a big softie. You believed that Kuroko-kun can beat Aomine-kun.

"Dai-tan." is all you could say to him.

"Do you still like Tetsu?" The smirk on his face makes you want to punch him.

"S-shut up! Focus on the game, you idiot!" you said, going back to Riko-senpai. You could hear him laughing from behind.

"Anyway, Kuro-tan!" You said, as Kuroko-kun looks at you. "Dai-tan is here! So.. give it everything you got, and win this thing! For me and for Satsuki-tan, especially Dai-tan! I know you can win this! Along with Kagami-kun and everyone! So don't give up till the very end!"

"What the hell is (Y/N) talking about?" He said, as he gave his jacket to Momoi. "The only one who could beat me is me!"

❖❖❖

As the game continues once again, things get more worse. Aomine-kun keeps on shooting and shooting, getting more points! Kagami-kun is trying all he can but it isn't working! You were getting worried to the point where they might lose the match.

As the second quarter comes to an end, and with our 10 minute interval, you took out the lemons for everyone to eat. Of course everyone liked it, and ate it all.

"Sorry I made a little bit.." you said.

"At least they taste good." Hyuuga-senpai said. Mitobe-senpai also brought some lemons out for everyone to enjoy eating. Riko-senpai made some too, but no one wanted to eat it, since she was a bad cook.

"Kuro-tan, you need to eat..." you said. "Mitobe-senpai do you have anymore lemons? I don't have anymore left."

"I don't want to eat..." Kuroko-kun said.

"But you need to eat, to replenish your strength." Riko-senpai said.

"Is it okay if I stay like this? I want to stay, I'm willing to do anything to defeat Aomine-kun." Kuroko-kun said.

"Can I get those?" Kagami-kun said as he takes the lemon. "Kuroko." as Kuroko-kun looks up, Kagami-kun gave him the lemon and put it in his mouth. "Just eat those on the bench, you idiot! You're the one who said you can't play basketball by yourself! Leave it to us!" you smile at Kagami-kun, proud to hear him say that.

❖❖❖

With that, the team had decided to leave Kuroko-kun on the bench and kept on playing without him. But it gets more difficult, now that Kuroko-kun is unable to play. '51 to 39. What are we going to do?' Aomine-kun kept stopping Kagami-kun. With his irregular movements, his fast speed, a formless shooting, Aomine-kun is unstoppable..!

"Tetsu, come on out. Lets settle this."

"Kuroko-kun.." Riko-senpai said.

"I'm fine. I had plenty time to rest. I'm heading out." Kuroko-kun said.

"Show me the strength of the new light and darkness." Aomine-kun said.

❖❖❖

"Kuro-tan.." you said.

As the game continues to play, we scored points and it finally gets better with Kuroko-kun on the court. As they continue to pace themselves, Aomine-kun and Kuroko-kun were talking. You couldn't hear and you were wondering what they were talking about. But even though they are sweating, doing they best to block Aomine-kun it doesn't work.. It wasn't long till Aomine-kun could stop Kuroko-kun's pass too. It was also not that long till Kagami-kun's leg started to hurt again..

"He's forcing himself too much.." you said, when Riko-senpai had finally noticed it. She look at you and did a member change. You started to look at the points.. She send Kagami-kun back on the bench. Now without Kagami-kun its going to be even more harder. You look at Kagami-kun who was looking down. You glanced at Aomine-kun who has his cold-hearted eyes still. You glanced at Momoi who also looked down. There was nothing we can do.. Kuroko-kun was out of stamina now.. Kagami-kun was no longer able to play.. You could see Kuroko-kun one one-on-one with Aomine-kun, who was dribbling the ball.

"This was quicker then expected. It's already decided. Your special pass didn't work, you're out of stamina, and your light is gone. Your misdirection stopped a while ago. Now you're worse that the average player." Aomine-said, as Kuroko-kun pants. Your felt like crying a bit, now that you feel like the team is about to lose.. Please no.. "There's no such thing as a quick comeback in basketball. I win, Tetsu."

"It's not over yet. The possibility is 0% unless all the players give up. No matter how impossible it may seem, I refuse to make it 0% myself."

"Kuro-tan, please don't give up!" you cried.

"That is why I won't give up!" Kuroko-kun said. You were looking down, smiling, tears almost about to fall.

Even with that statement, we lost... 112 to 55..