Ch. 46

The tea was set down on the table for you. You didn't even bother looking at it though. You look at Miki-san, who was feeling uncomfortable because she knew she had to tell you about the bad news. Kuroko-kun was sitting next to you, who lowered down his presence. The sky blue hair boy knew that the room felt tense.

"Miki.." you said. You couldn't deal with the suspense anymore. She sighs and smiles.

"Kuroko-kun, you know about the owner about this orphanage right?"

"I never met her.. But I heard she was a nice person. Some of the kids called her grandma, right?" Kuroko-kun asks. She nods and looks at you, with a sad smile.

"Well she died a few days ago.." You flinch with a surprise look on your face. You squeezed your hand, continuing to listen to Miki-san speak, "She died because she had cardiomyopathy. It was pretty much because of the stress cause of all the orphans that have been coming in and that the orphanage has been bankrupt. When she realized that she was broke, she must of got a heart attack. She was having stress on finding homes for children."

"What will happened to the children?" Kuroko-kun asks.

"I know you have been busy lately but have you noticed some of the kids are gone?" she asks you. You widen your eyes and shook your head.

"It was only a few kids.. but they have all went to different orphanage all thanks to o bachan." she said. "They were the recent ones that have came to the orphanage but now.. we can't seem to find any homes for the other kids."

"We have many kids though in the orphanage! Are they just going to be thrown out in the streets?!" Miki-san looks down and you knew at that moment, most of these kids are going to be homeless. No one will have a family. They are so young..

"None of the orphanages are willing to take them. But we have just confirmed that half of the kids here will be sent to Kyoto, where another big orphanage is there. I will be moving there to help with money and everything I can do.. but.. it's still not enough kids." she said. "The kids that stayed here the longest are right now, in need for a home."

"Does all of the kids know?" you asks.

She nods. "Some are willing to accept of being homeless."

"How much time have we got left till this orphanage goes down?" you ask, afraid to hear the answer.

"Tomorrow night." she said. You clench your hands. Kuroko-kun looks at you with a pain expression. He touches your hand and loosen your grip. He could see your palm a bit bleeding because of the fingernails.

"Why didn't no one tell me..?" you finally asks.

"Because we knew you were going to overwork yourself. Even with the money, you gave up so happily, we couldn't bear to tell you. You are the most kindest person here. You always work hard for everyone but its not enough.." she said, starting to cry. You couldn't cry. You didn't say anything more. You knew this is your limit. You could of done nothing for the kids. You felt useless as a kid.

"I'm going to go up in my room to pack then." you said. You walked out of the room. As you opened the door, you see the kids crying. They listen in on the conversation. They'll be sent to a Kyoto orphanage.. But it still not enough. You hug them. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I can't do anything for you."

"I don't want to be apart from (Y/N)-neechan!" one of the kids crying.

Later, when the kids have stopped crying, you went upstairs to pack. Kuroko-kun looks at you worried. "What are you going to do (Y/N)-chan?"

"I'm going to live out on the streets."

"But-"

"Even though, I didn't know about it. It isn't fair for me to find a home, when most of the kids doesn't." you said. "I'll work."