Chapter Fifteen

"So, like where are your wings?" I hear Niffty ask as I'm standing in the hotel lobby. "Niffty, I don't have-" Vaggie begins before getting cut off.

"Did you ever think maybe she's sensitive about her lack of wings, just like her lack of tits?" Niffty begins to tug at Vaggie's shirt as I walk towards the sofa and take a seat next to Alastor.

I'm not completely shocked that Vaggie got her wings removed but it makes me think about why my wings were kept intact. Heaven had no reason to let me keep them.

"Yeah. Where are your tits?" Alastor gives me a questioning look implying he's curious about how the meeting with Heaven went as Niffty asks that question.

Vaggie just sighs. "Any other questions?" I lean towards Alastor a bit more as I begin to whisper.

"Bref, la réunion ne s'est pas bien passée." (Long story short the meeting did not go well.) My eyes skim the room and I notice Charlie isn't here. "Où est Charlie au fait?" (Where's Charlie by the way?)

Alastor's eyes follow my gaze and he looks around the room. "Elle a dit qu'elle serait en haut pour un moment." (She said she'd be upstairs for a bit.) He replied as Husk spoke up next.

"I got one. How come every time Charlie talks to Heaven we get in deeper and deeper shit?" Vaggie sighs again as she begins to explain how angels can be.

"Hmm d'accord." (Hmm alright.) I sigh as I lean into him a bit more. He moves his hand to hold me around my waist. "Cette réunion a causé plus de problèmes qu'il n'y en avait au départ." (This meeting caused more problems than there were to begin with.)

"Ça ne m'étonne pas. Je veux dire, c'est du paradis dont on parle. Et Charlie." (That does not surprise me. I mean, this is Heaven we're talking about. And Charlie.) He gives my waist a squeeze and I smile at his gesture.

After Husk's question Angel groans annoyed. "And where is miss fearless leader anyway? Isn't it about time for another "doomed-to-fail" plan?"

"She's upstairs. Coming up with something, I'm sure, in our room. Alone." Vaggie responds, clearly at her limit with all the questions.

Alastor hums as he taps his fingers on my waist. Next thing I know we're both standing in Charlie's room and I look around confused.

is in her bed under her covers softly crying while  comfort her with tissues.

He walks up to her bed and leans down to pull the covers away from her face. "Oh, Charlie, you look an absolute mess."

I chuckle slightly as Charlie just groans in protest. "Ugh, go away, Alastor." He sits down on her bed while Charlie hides again under the covers as I begin to walk closer to her bed.

"Now, now is that any way to act after picking a fight with all of Heaven and dooming everyone you love?" Charlie emerges from the covers after hearing him say that.

"I have enough on my mind without hearing your sadistic idea of a joke, asshole." She wraps herself under the covers again, only for Alastor to appear laying beside her.

"Who's joking?" She jumps and falls off the bed and I walk up to her and help her sit up.

She gives me a silent thank you as Alastor continues talking. "You have a captive audience downstairs waiting to hear what kind of inspiring performance you have planned next."

"Ugh, I can't. How can I face them after failing them all so hard?" Alastor repositions himself on his stomach and begins kicking his legs in the air. I give him a weird look as I try not to laugh at him.

Charlie pays no mind to his antics and begins to vent. "They came here to be saved and all I gave them was more pain."

As she begins to tear up I try to comfort her by rubbing circles on her back. "I'm just as bad as the cruelest Overlord in Hell. Maybe even worse."

Charlie then stands and paces back and forth. "At least they don't go around giving false hope."

"Well, I never expected to see such a miserable display of self-loathing from you." Charlie's eyes glare at him. "Oh, fuck you, Alastor."

Unfazed by her comment Alastor adjusts himself, now laying on his side. I readjust myself as well leaning on the wall while still sitting on the floor.

"All you do is stand there, smiling while you watch us struggle and fail. I don't know how you can enjoy all this suffering so much." Alastor stands up, wraps his fingers on Charlie's shoulder while chuckling.

"Just because you see a smile, don't think you know what's going on underneath." My smile drops slightly at his comment but I quickly silence my thoughts as I continue to watch the two of them.

Alastor grabs Charlie's face with his hand and makes her smile. "A smile is a valuable tool, my dear. It inspires your friends, keeps your enemies guessing, and ensures that no matter what comes your way, you're the one in control."

Charlie starts walking towards her bedroom window. "But I'm not. I'm the farthest thing from in control. The person I trust most has been lying to me for years. Heaven refuses to listen."

She thuds both fists against the window as she continues. "Even if they did, I can't prove the hotel works.  has an invincible exorcist Army pointed right at my doorstep and there's nothing I can do about any of it!"

I stand up and walk towards them. As I open my mouth to try to comfort her somehow I see Alastor's smile grow and I stay quiet to see what he's planning. "I know something you don't know."

"Huh?" I mumble out as Charlie says the same thing. Alastor walks over and grabs Charlie's arms.

"Those big, scary angels are not quite as indestructible as they seem." He then lets go of Charlie and walks away.

There's no way they don't know about that. I mean I didn't know about it at first but I was just a regular Angel. They have to know about that. Right?

Charlie looks at him confused. "What are you talking about?" Alastor's grin just grows as he begins to tease her with the information he has.

"Just that you and your little band of misfits might stand more of a chance than you think." He says cryptically.

"How? I'll do anything." She says desperately. I glance between the two of them having an idea for where this is headed.

"Anything? Then... let's make a deal." She pauses for a moment processing what Alastor just said. "You... You want my soul?"

My eyes light up at how smart he played this out. Having her soul would be very beneficial. Lucifer would be a problem when he finds out but that can be worked around.

Alastor's voice takes on a sinister tone, "Your soul?" before changing to a brighter one right after. "Heavens, no. All I need from you is one itty-bitty favor. What's a favor between friends?"

I let out a little defeated sigh. I can tell she's still plotting and honestly even if he doesn't have her soul right now a favor is also very beneficial to have.

"I won't hurt anyone for you." I smile at her big heart. She's more concerned about others getting hurt than herself.

"Who's asking! One favor, at a time of my choosing, where you harm no one. In return, I'll tell you what I know. Do we have a deal?" He reaches out his hand as the room becomes heavier and more sinister.

Razzle and Dazzle both growl as Charlie puts her hands down to stop them. "Deal." They both shake hands resulting in a green demon/ghost-like aura flash throughout the room.