Chapter Three

Sitting in my radio station I am enjoying the peace and quiet before I head down to the lobby. I can feel myself grin a bit wider as I think about what kind of exciting activity will occur today.

As I start to stand up I can feel my shadow is acting up. It never usually reacts to anything without my command, making me confused. I make sure to keep my smile strong so it doesn't falter.

"Hmm, my dear shadow friend, what's with all this fussing and moving about? You usually stay quiet when I don't need you." I hum out loud trying to figure out the problem.

The shadow continues to act on its own ignoring my question. It seems as though it is looking for something in particular which peaks my interest more.

"Alright then, let's see if we can figure out together what you are looking for, shall we?" As I say this I make my way down to the lobby of the hotel.

I quickly notice everyone else is already in the lobby and it seems as though they are preparing for someone to visit. They are decorating the lobby, as best as they can, which isn't turning out great.

The whole situation is interesting, making me slightly amused. I decide to go up to Charlie to try to figure out what exactly is going on.

"Hello there Charlie! Care to tell what/who these festivities are for?" Instead of my question she just rambles on about how the hotel has to look its best and how great it would be if I could help the rest of them decorate the lobby.

I'm not entirely sure what to think about this situation but I decided to just go along with it for now. After all, it can't hurt to help them decorate, I've got some time to kill anyway.

While decorating with the rest I can feel my shadow start to act up again from time to time. It's clear it is reacting to something but I can't seem to pinpoint what it is. Everything is normal at the hotel, as normal as things get here anyway.

Becoming increasingly more intrigued by this happening I am determined to figure out what is making my little shadow so active.

I take a moment from decorating and look around in every direction trying to pick up on anything out of the ordinary. Trying my best not to alert the others of course.

From the corner of my eye I see Husk giving me a glance. I can only assume he is confused why I seem to be paying extra close attention to things but he quickly focuses on something else as I give him a large smile.

I sigh as I don't notice anything out of the ordinary and get back to mindlessly decorating for something I know nothing about.

Not long after I start to watch my surroundings closely once more getting a little fed up with how my shadow is behaving. The mystery of what is causing my shadow to act strangely is growing larger in my mind and I just have to figure it out.

The overbearing thoughts of my shadow eventually dimmed as I sigh again and focus back on decorating.

My mind eventually shifts to a memory of me decorating for something when I was alive. I can feel my smile twitch slightly as I start to reminisce on that memory.

─── ☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚ ───

I get home early from work and find (Y/N) decorating our whole house. "What are you doing my darling?" I ask.

She turns around surprised. "You're back early." She says with a sheepish smile. "Did you forget? We're hosting Mimzy's birthday party here tonight. I'm just trying to get all the decorations up before I start to make the cake." She adds while looking around the living room glancing at what she has decorated so far.