Chapter Five

"Didn't you just hear me? Why is everybody gawking? Is it cuz I'm adorable?" She says, giving us a wink.

"Mimzy!" Alastor exclaims as he walks up to her. "Alastor! Sweetie, Doll-face, So good to see you! How've you been? Good? Good." They both hug each as I continue to stand in the middle of the room.

Guess I'm just getting ignored over here. I think as she didn't respond to me calling her name a few seconds ago.

After their hug Mimzy speaks again. "Listen, I was in the neighborhood. I heard you were staying at this ritzy slob factory, so I figured I'd stop by and say hi! For old times sake."

With a smile on his face he nods. "Of course, sweetheart! Everyone is welcome here!" She gives him a small smirk, happy she can stay and catch up.

"Hey Mim." I say sheepishly, giving her a small wave. Her eyes light up and she starts to squeal. "(Y/N)? What the hell are ya doin' here?"

I see Alastor tense up again finally realizing I'm here and a smile forms on my lips. "I got invited to tour the hotel." I say shrugging. Her eyes narrow indicating that's not what she meant.

A big smile forms on Charlie's face seeing the three of us interact. "Oh, how nice! So you three know each other?" She asks as Mimzy nods excitedly, already forgetting that I avoided her question.

"Oh yeah, we go way back, ran in the same circles when we were alive. You know, this one used to frequent the club where I used to perform." She points to Alastor as she continues.

"He's the only one I knew who could pound whiskey like a sailor then keep up with me on the dance floor!" He laughs before speaking up as I roll my eyes. "Oh, quite a talent, this gal. Ho ho! You should've seen her in her hayday!"

Mimzy gives him a playful glare before directing her attention to me. "And this one!" She grabs my arm, shaking me. "I go even further back with this one. We've been childhood friends since before we were born."

"Oh oh! I even set these two up. I'm the reason they met in the first place." She squeals happily. Alastor glances at me and I look back at him for a moment.

Mimzy beams at Charlie before continuing. "Don't know what she's doin' here though. You were the good one out of the three of us." She says the last bit directed at me.

"Wait." Charlie says slowly. "Set them up? Do you mean—" Mimzy's eyes land on Lucifer and she cuts Charlie off in the middle of her sentence.

"Oh, oh my stars!" She gasps dramatically. "Is that Lucifer?" She pushes the snake guy out of the way. I think his name is Sir Pentious. "Move it!"

"Pleased to meet ya! Your highness." She turns back to face Alastor and I, whispering loudly. "You gotta warn a gal when she's in mixed company. You know this (Y/N)."

Lucifer smiles down at her. "Charmed, I'm sure." He then glares at Alastor as he walks up to the two of them. I make my way over to them as well.

"As much as I'd love to catch up, Charlie and I have a tour to continue." Lucifer perks up at that comment and grabs my arm and Charlie's arm.

"I'm sure Charlie can handle showing (Y/N) and I around." He starts to drag us to the stairs and Alastor reappears in front of us.

He chuckles. "Nonsense!" Grabbing Charlie and holding her to his side he continues. "We started the hotel together, and we'll show it off together. Right, Charlie?"

He then lets go of her so she can start to lead the tour. "Oh, right." She smiles as she starts to lead with Vaggie, Lucifer and I following behind.

Being in the back I hear Alastor talk to Mimzy quickly. "Why don't you let the others help you settle in, and I'll be back before you know it." He then turns around to join the rest of us.