16. Uphaar

Third person POV-

Avni was restlessly walking here and there in the corridors of the royal palace in search of her husband. Her heart was pounding loudly in her chest , she was looking here and there , and suddenly she bumped into a rock hard chest. A pair of strong arms immediately wrapped around her waist to prevent her from falling. At first Avni was astonished but the familiar fragrance of sandlewood calmed her senses. Avni lifted her head to look at her husband, her glossy eyes met his molten coppery ones. Agravin was confused at first but he panicked when he looked at his wife's state. He cupped her cheeks between his palms and asked "Avni, kya hua aapko? Aap thik Hain na. Aap is prakar yahan kyu?
( Avni, what happened to you? Are you okay? Why are you here like this ? )

"Aarya! Kahan the aap , kitne samay se aapko dhoondh rhi mai. Itna vilambh kyu hua aapko? Aap thik Hain n ? "
( Aarya! Where were you ? I have been looking for you for so long. Why were you so late? Are you okay.)

Instead of answering his questions, Avni showered Agravin with her questions. Agravin knew that it was not the correct time to ask her anything, consoling her was the first thing he should do at the moment.

"Avni, yahan meri or dekhiye, dekhiye mai yahin hoon aapke samaksha. Mai to kahin bhi jaunga Avni , laut kr to aapke paas hi aaunga n."
( Avni, look at me , look I am here in front of you. Wherever I go Avni, I will always come back to you only. )

Agravin's words calmed Avni's racing heart. She looked at her husband with pure admiration. Their eyes never left each other as if conveying something that words could never do. Agravin's right hand went around Avni's waist while the other still rested there on her cheek. Avni's both hands rested on his chest feeling the rhythm of his heart. Their moment was interrupted when Malini came there. "Avni ...." Malini's words refused to come out of her mouth when she saw Avni with her husband. She knew , she interrupted their lovely moment. But it was not her fault, she was worried about Avni , neither did she know that they would be here , that too like this. She thought to herself. Malini's presence made Avni and Agravin aware about their proximity and the surroundings. They immediately broke the embrace and stood at a distance.
"Kshama Yuvraj , Avni, mai chalti hoon , koi avshakta ho to bula lena. "
( Sorry yuvraj, Avni , I am leaving, if you need anything then call me. )
Saying so Malini left from there , giving the newly married couple their much needed privacy. 

Agravin shut the door behind when he and his wife entered their chamber. He followed his wife and they both came inside the bed chamber. Avni poured a glass of water and offered it to Agravin. Agravin smiled at her and made her sit on the couch and then sat beside her. He took the glass of water and then forwarded it to her. Avni looked at her husband confusingly.

"Mujhse adhik to aapko avshakta hai abhi. Lijiye ."
( You need it more than me. Take this. )
Avni smiled at her husband and then took a sip of water.

" Ab bataiye mujhe ki aap is prakar vyakul kyu ho gai thi?"
( Now tell me , why were you getting so worried?)
Agravin asked her.

" Yo madhya ratri hone ko thi or aapko aane me itna vilambh hua to mujhe chinta hui. "
( It was almost midnight and you hadn't come  so I got worried .)
She replied.

"Kshama kr dijiye mujhe Avni. Aage se kabhi vilambh nhi karunga or yadi hua bhi to aapko suchit kr dunga."
( Forgive me Avni. Now onwards I will never be late . And if somehow it happens, then I will inform you. )
Agravin said. Avni shook her head negatively and replied, " Aap kshama mat mangiye Aarya , isme aapka koi dosh nhi. " ( Don't ask for forgiveness Aarya , it's not your fault. )

Smiling at his wife, Agravin went towards the mirror , one by one he started removing his jewelry, Avni again saw her husband struggling to unhook the heavy neckpiece, of course he was not used to of it .  Sometimes she too finds it difficult to unhook her jewelleries by herself even though she has to wear them everyday. Thankfully Malini or other attendees were always there to help her, but she knew her husband never liked someone else doing his tasks, and he would never ask her to help him so she decided to do it for him.
Avni went to his and helped him to unhook that heavy neckpiece.
" Aarya, aapne bataya nhi ki aapko itna vilambh kyu hua?"
( Aarya , you didn't tell me , why were you so late?)
She asked while unpinning the jewelry.

Agravin stood up from the chair and stepped closer to her.
"Aapke liye uphaar lene me vilambh hua."
( I was late because I was getting a gift for you. )
Agravin replied hesitantly.

"Uphaar?"
Avni asked confusingly

"Ji , wo pratah aapne itna swadisht bhojan banaya kintu Mai aapko koi uphaar nhi de paya to isiliye."
( Yes, actually you made such delicious food in the morning but I was unable to gift you something then, that's why. )
Agravin said.

" Aarya , krisha ne to uphaas me kaha tha, aapne uski baaton pr dhyan kyu Diya?"
( Aarya, krisha said so jokingly , why you took her words seriously?)
Agravin's face fell at Avni's words . Avni noticed it and soon realised that unintentionally she hurted her husband's sentiments.

" Aarya , ab dikha bhi dijiye ki kya uphaar le aaye hai aap mere liye."
( Aarya, now show me what gift did you bring for me?)
Avni said enthusiastically which uplifted Agravin's spirit.

" Kuch bahumulya nhi hai Rajkumari."
( It's not something precious, princess.)
He said.

" Oh ho Aarya , ye aupcharikta kyu? Chaliye mujhe mera uphaar dijiye ab. "
( Oh ho Aarya, why this formality? Come on now give me my gift. )

Avni said while streching her palm towards Agravin. Agravin smiled at her antics. He took out a small purple colour velvet pouch from his waiste band and put it on Avni's palm. A strong and soothing fragrance hit Avni's nostrils as soon as Agravin started opening the pouch and without seeing it Avni guessed what was it.
" Mallika ke pushp."
( Jasmin flowers.)
Avni exclaimed.

Agravin nodded and said " Mere vichar se aapke keshon me ye bahut sundar lagenge , bilkul aise jaise ratri ke aakash me taare. "
( According to me , these flowers will look great in your hair just like night sky decoration with stars. )

" Jaanta hoon ye koi bahumulya nhi kintu...."
( I know this is not something precious but...)
Before Agravin could complete, Avni held his hand and put the bag back into his hand and said " Aarya, jab aap isse le aaye hai to swayam hi ise laga bhi dijiye."
( Aarya , you have bought it then why not you yourself put it into my hair. )

Agravin's heart filled with a warm feeling when Avni's words reached his ears. Avni stood facing the mirror while Agravin stood just behind her. At first he removed the long drape of Avni's saree from her head which was covering her open , long serpentine hair, then he took out those Jasmin flowers and started decorating them on Avni's long traces one by one. Avni smiled looking at her husband through mirror, his eyebrows were knitted and his eyes were fully concentrated on what he was doing. His lips slightly opened, he was looking like a little child who was trying to draw something. Agravin's eyes met his wife's when he looked up . He noticed how beautiful she looked in that pale blue saree with minimum jewelleries and ofcourse those Jasmin flowers in her long hair. She looked ethernal and pure just like a goddess. Avni's eyes got locked with her husband's through the mirror. Goosebumps erupted all over her skin just by his mare gaze. Her pinkish cheeks turned crimson and she shyly averted her gaze when she was unable to bear it anymore. Agravin too stepped back and little. Avni collected the rest of the Jasmine flowers in her hand and turned towards Agravin and handed over to him. Agravin happily took it from her.

******* Word count- 1378 Another update!!! This time early

*******
Word count- 1378
Another update!!! This time early.
Hope you liked the chapter, if so then please vote guys , as it encourages me to write more. Ek to exam pr exam do or inse ittu sa vote nhi ho sakta! Ye kya baat hui.

Har har Mahadev 🙏🏻