9. Sandeh

Third person POV-

Excitement was clearly visible on everyone's face as Rishi keerticharya was going to announce the date for the marriage. Avni lifted her lashes to look at her future husband, he was standing firmly beside the Raj Guru, his eyes were  fixed on the floor not looking anywhere especially not looking at her. Avni diverted her vision , maybe she was expecting more, no doubt her decision was best for the kingdom, but for her ? She was unsure. She came out of  her thoughts as heard Rishi Keerticharya's words.
"Rajan, Kanya or var ke 36 gun milte hai."
( King, the 36 out of 36 qualities of bride and groom are the same.)
Said the Rishi.
Everyone squealed in happiness. The Queen gently patted her daughter's head.
" Or vivah ka uttam samay aaj se thik 6 divas paschat falgun Shukla trayodashi ko hai."
(  The auspicious time for marriage is exactly 6 days from today. On 13th day of Falgun month.)
" Badhai ho badhai ho !"
( Congratulations)
Everyone in the room exclaimed!
" Pr Rishi var itne kam samay me itni vevastha kis prakar hogi?"
( But Rishivar , how will we prepare everything in this short span of time.)
The Queen questioned.
" Maharani aap chintit kyu Hain, sampoorna Maniprasth Rajkumari ke vivah ke liye utsuk hai. Sab vevastha ho jayegi."
( Maharani, why are you worried? The whole Maniprasth is excited for the princess' s wedding. We will do all the preparations.)
Mahamantri assured the Queen.
" Ek or mahatva Purna baat , Agravin ke mata pita nhi hai , to var paksh ke sabhi ritiyan mai jaunga."
( One more important thing, )
Everyone in the room turned completely silent at Keerticharya's words. Avni looked at Agravin only to find his head hung low and his gaze fixed on the floor.
" Gurudev , paratnu Kumar Agravin to kshtriya kul se hain to inke kul or gotra ki jankari ......"
( Gurudev, but Agravin belongs from a Kshtriya clan , what about his family and gotra....) King couldn't finish his sentence as his eyes fell on Agravin whose hands were clutching the fabric of his angvatra tight. Agravin lifted his head to look at Avni. But he was surprised that she was neither shocked nor surprised at this information. Before his eyes could meet hers , he again shifted his gaze towards his guru.
" Haan ye Satya hai ki Agravin kshtriya kul se, kintu uska is parinay se kya sambandh ? Mai Agravin ka guru hoon isiliye jo mera gotra hai wahi iska gotra hai. Aap anya kisi vishay pr dhyan mat dijiye Maharaj Subodh, Agravin ko balpan se maine bada kiya hai , ek uttam Shashak or ek uttam purush ki bhanti. Vishwas kijiye, samay aane pr sab Satya ujagar ho jayega kintu phle ye vivah hona avashyak hai."
( Yes , it's true that Agravin belongs to kshtriya clan but it has nothing to do with this marriage. I am his guru so my gotra is his gotra as well. Don't think about any other matter king Subodh, Since his childhood I have raised Agravin as a great ruler and as a great human. Trust me , every thing will disclose at correct time but for now let this marriage happen. )
Keerticharya almost requested King Subodh.
" Jo agya Gurudev, Aaj se 6 divas paschat, Kumar Agravin or Avni ka vivah hoga or usi din Kumar Agravin ko rajya ka yuvraj bhi ghoshit kiya jayega."
( As you say Gurudev, after 6 days from today, the marriage of Agravin and Avni will take place and on that day we will declare Agravin as the Yuvrajof Maniprasth.)
Agravin was surprised at Maharaj's words. He knew that marrying the princess of Maniprasth means taking up the responsibility of throne as well but this soon ? He was not ready. He looked at his guru who just smiled looking at him and nodded.
**************************

" A se Agravin or A se Avni." ( A for Agravin and A for Avni.) Said Grisha the youngest cousin of Avni while giggling. Avni chuckled looking at her cute expression. All the girls of Royal family were sitting in Avni's personal garden, giggling and teasing the to be bride.

" Avni , ye dekho ye abhushan kaisa hai?"
( Avni look, how is it ?) Vaishali asked Avni while showing her a heavy necklace.
" Acha hai jiji." ( It's good sister) Avni said while reading her book without noticing the jewellery.
" Avni jiji , ek prashn puchun?" ( Avni jiji can I ask you a question?) The curious Grisha asked.
Keeping her book aside Avni gently cupped her younger cousin's face and said " Avashya pucho." ( Definitely)
" Agravin ka arth kya hota hai jiji?"
( What is the meaning of name Agravin?)

Avni looked towards the setting sun and smiled " Agravin ka arth hota hai , ek mahan purush, jisme apaar shourya or sahas hota hai."
( Agravin means a great man , a man who possesses immense strength and courage.) 
Avni answered.

"Wah iska tatparya ki jija shree atyadhik gaurav shali hain? "
( Wow it means brother in law is )

" Hone wale jija shree." ( Would be brother in law.) Vaishali playfully hitted Grisha's head and corrected her while the others burst into laughter.
***************************

Agravin was sitting on the floor, gently pressing the feet of his guru. The Rishi gently smiled and patted Agravin's head.
"Agravin, kis vichar me ho putra? Maharaj Subodh ki ghoshna ko le kr to nhi soch rhe."
( Agravin, what are you thinking son? Maybe you are thinking about King Subodh's announcement.)

Agravin lifted his head to match his guru's gaze , " aap har baar ye kaise jaan lete hai gurudev ki mai kis vyatha me hoon?" ( How do you know every time what I'm thinking?) He almost complained while frowning like a child.

The Rishi laughed at his disciple's cute expression. " Guru or pita me koi antar nhi hota hai putra, jaise pita apne putra k mann ki baat jaan lete hai waise hi guru bhi jaan lete hai." Rishis assured him.
( There is no difference in a father and a Guru. Like a father knows about his child , guru too knows.)

" Gurudev kya unka ye nirnay thik hai? Baalpan se hi virakti ka jeevan jiya hai maine to, or ab achanak se grihast aashram me pravesh krne ja rha hoon. Parivaar kya hota hai ye to Jana hi nhi hai maine gurudev, fir is vivah or rajya dono ka utardaitva kaise sambhalunga?"
( Gurudev is his decision right? I have lived a life of detachment since childhood and now suddenly I am going to enter houshold. I have never known a family then how will I be able to handle the responsibility of the marriage and the kingdom?)

The Rishi smiled at Agravin's words and gently patted his shoulder and said
" Jeevan me har padao kabhi n kabhi to phle baar hi aata hai n Agravin. Waise hi ye padao bhi aaya hai. Or mujhe vishvas hai ki tum apne sabhi daitva nishtha purvak nibhaoge. Bas tum vishwas rakhna Agravin , swayam pr , Avni pr or apne sanskaron pr. Avni or praja ke sukh ke liye nirantar prayas krna. Or shesh karya samay karega."
( Every stage in life comes for the first time. Just like that this stage has also come. And I have faith that you will fulfil your every responsibility. Just keep faith Agravin , in yourself , in Avni . Always try to keep Avni and the subjects happy. The time will do the rest.)
Agravin smiled slightly at his guru's words. Hoping that everything will be fine.
**********
The night sky was adorned with those twinkling diamonds while the moon smiled brightly , painting the entire royal garden in its Chandani. The slow breeze and the peaceful surrounding calmed Avni's racing heart. Sitting in the temple she just silently stared at Maheshwar and Maheshwari's idol.
" To aaj kon sa prashn pucha h tumne apne Maheshwar se?"
( So what questions did you ask your Maheshwar today?)
Avni's trance broke as she heard her mother's word. She slightly turned as the queen came and settled herself next to her daughter.
Avni smiled at her mother and replied " mann me to anek prashn chal rhe h maa kintu shabd nhi mil rha isiliye bas unhe dekh rhi hoon, mann ki baat to wo jaan hi lete hai n ."
( A lot of questions are going inside my mind , maa but I am unable to find suitable words to ask them so I am just sitting here silently, because Maheshwar knows what's going in my mind. )

Queen smiled at her daughter and gently creased her head " vivah se purva ek Kanya ke mann me anek prashna aana swabhavik hai , kintu vishwas karo Avni sab uchit hi hoga."
( It's obvious to have such questions before marriage, but trust me Avni everything will be fine.)

" Ye sab daitva kaise nibha paungi maa kahin unhe janne me mujhe adhik samay laga to ? "
( How will I be able to fulfil the responsibilities Maa? What if I take more time than required to understand him?)

Sudha holded Avni's hands in hers and said " jeevan bhar ka samay paryapt hai Avni. Har din ek kadam aage badhana. Har din thoda or prayas karna. Dekhna sab thik hoga."
( Life time is enough Avni. Take one step towards him daily , make some more efforts , everything will be fine. )
Avni nodded at her mother and again turned to Maheshwar, silently praying for everything to be fine.
***********
Word limit - 1540
Jaldi jaldi vote kr do tab to next chapter milega ... Vivah wala