28

Omniscient
Dallas , Texas

"Come on mama." Mijah held her hand out for Mora as they walked out of Lani and Dee's house. She was trying to get her used to walking on her own since everyone always carried her everywhere.

"Why the sun just whispered in my ear tammat some 'go back in the house'." Lani sighed dramatically making Mijah laugh.

Since everyone was at work today expect them , they decided to hang out together and go out to eat. Zion was gone to take care of some new deals his dad suggested for their business.

"Have you guys ever considered putting Mora in daycare ?" Lani questioned randomly as she locked up behind them making Mijah frown. "No...why ?" She asked.

"Just asked. Me and Dee were talking about how we were going to manage our work schedule with the baby and one of my friends asked did I wanna put he or she in daycare." She explained as they made their way to Mijah's car.

Her and Zion had never thought about daycare since everytime they needed a babysitter either of their parents would babysit or someone out of the group.

"Mmm." Mijah hummed picking Mora up so she could put her in her car seat. "We really never considered daycare since we've always been able to find a babysitter but with this new baby coming we might have to consider it." Mijah said as she strapped her in. Lani hummed nodding.

She didn't wanna put so much pressure on her dad or anybody else having to watch her two kids , she'd feel like a burden.

"Anyway , how you do feel about being pregnant againnnn ?" Lani smiled opening the passenger door hopping inside the car.

"Chile , I don't even know. Delivering Mora was hell the pain was something else." She scoffed shaking her head. She had promised herself she wouldn't have anymore kids but look where she is now.

Placing a kiss on her Mora's cheek she stood back up straight closing the door behind her. As she started walking to the drivers side she heard a familiar voice call her name making her freeze in her tracks.

She turned around & swallowed the lump in her throat coming face to face with a person she never wanted to see again. "H-hey baby." Asheela spoke with a slight smile on her face. Lani was turned around playing with Mora in the car not even seeing the scene take place.

"How do-you keep finding me ?" Mijah stumbled over her words holding back tears. She hadn't seen her mother ever since she passed out that day from all the stress. All the feelings were slowly rushing back to her.She started tapping her index finger and thumb together to calm herself down.

Sensing something was wrong , Lani turned back around in her seat and her eyes widened seeing Asheela trying to talk to Mijah but she wouldn't budge. It was like she was stuck.

She snatched the car keys out the cup holder and hopped out the car , closing the door , hitting the lock button on the key locking the car doors just to keep Mora safe.

"I see you had your baby. She's gorgeous." Asheela softly chuckled looking in the car at Mora who was mugging her.

"Get the fuck away from her!" Lani spat grabbing both of their attention. She grabbed Mijah's arm pulling her to where she was standing.

"Lani , call Zion please." Mijah choked out as her breathing started to increase. "I already did. He's otw but I need you to calm down mama." Lani spoke softly grabbing her hands.

Asheela just stood there watching feeling genuinely bad. She didn't intend to hurt her children but life has a funny way of showing things..

"Look what you just did! She's having a fucking panic attack cause of your drugged up ass. This is your daughter!" Lani shouted not even caring that people were starting to look their way.

She didn't even know Asheela like that but after hearing all the horrible things she did to Mijah and all the pain she caused , she didn't even care.

"N-no. It's a lot she doesn't know , I need to talk to her." Asheela begged sighing. She had been following Mijah for a minute just so she could have a conversation with her. Mijah snapped her neck towards her wondering what she meant by that but kept quiet.

Before anyone could even say anything else a car pulled up making screeching noises making them pause. They didn't even park fully before Dee and Zion hopped out walking up to them looking angry.

"Aye. Get them Dee." Zion spoke pointing at Mijah and Lani. He nodded unlocking the car doors grabbing Mora first.

Zion turned to Asheela walking up to her face to face. "I promise to god. If you EVER bring yo ass back round hea , you ain gon be able to have an open casket funeral." He warned looking her up and down. Her breathing hitched knowing he was serious.

"Understood." She mumbled shakily before turning on her heels and walking away.

_____________________

"Ngl. I could eat this whole menu right now." Lani sighed dramatically , everybody side eyed her knowing she was serious.

After what went down earlier , the boys didn't want to leave them alone for even a second thinking that Asheela might try something else and cause more problems. Since Mijah & Lani were already planning on going out to eat at Red Lobsters the boys just tagged along with them , like a double date.

The girls were sitting across from each other and so was the boys while Mora was sitting in a high chair beside Dee as he was letting her sip on some of his water.

"I need some more water. Mora don ' drunk all mine." Dee frowned shaking his now empty cup. "I told you , ha ' lil ass be thirsty." Zion snickered.

"Finna hit em with that spongebob. Ohhhhh waaaaiiiitooorrrr." Dee sung making everybody laugh.

Mora looked around at all of them before she started giggling with them not even knowing why they were laughing.

Lani looked over noticing Mijah wasn't talking or really interacting with everyone else. She assumed she was still shaken up about earlier. She kicked her leg under the table grabbing her attention.

"Bathroom." She mouthed to her , Mijah nodded getting the message. "Can you let me out ? We'll be back." Mijah mumbled tapping Zion. "Mhm-wait what's wrong witchu ?" He frowned looking at her noticing the look on her face.

"Nothing bae just let me out." She chuckled softly.

"Mama-"

"I'm fine really." She cut him off pecking his lips. He stared at her for a few seconds before he sighed nodding. He stood up and let her out the booth and remained watching her until she made it to the bathroom before turning back to Dee & Mora.

As soon as they got in the bathroom Lani turned to her. "Are you ok ?" She asked immediately. Mijah shrugged not even knowing the answer.

"Talk to me. What's wrong ?" Lani grabbed her hands holding them in hers. "I just can't get over what she said." Mijah confessed sighing.

Lani tilted her head , confused. "What who said ?" She frowned. "Asheela. She said it's a lot I don't know. What is that supposed to mean Lani ?" Mijah said. Her curiosity was getting the best of her. It's a lot of things that she had questions about but she didn't know if Asheela had the answers.

"This shit giving me lifetime movie vibes." Lani mumbled shaking her head making Mijah chuckle. She also wondered what could Asheela possibly mean by that.

                    _____________________

i been slacking i'm sorry😖😖

HEY GUYS

wonder what Asheela meant chile