(13.) - Counter Plan.

As everyone else present stared at me in disbelief, the guild workers even beginning to whisper among themselves, I got even more nervous. It seemed like I had been pushed into a corner with no other choice, but to admit to me being the one who defeated Olhade...

Or at least, I thought so, until Klana stepped forward and walked up to the prison bars.

[Klana]:
"Please, are you all seriously about to believe the words of a Habinger of Tritery? These guys are the slimiest and dirtiest of rats in the world- Deception is their greatest tool."

She stated, her voice confident and serious. I felt a bit weirded out at first, however at the same time I felt glad that she had stepped in to cover up the story, even if she probably knew the truth.

Although, I couldn't be certain for sure whether or not she knew the truth just yet... She could have just said this because she actually doesn't believe the Habinger, which honestly would be the most ideal thing for me.
It also seemed like everyone else bought Klanas word, as they had second thoughts about trusting Jodes statement.

Jode on the otherhand, smirked a bit before walking back to the backwall of his cell and sitting back down. Klana turned to face him.

[Klana]:
"Feel like talking now?"

Jode remained silent, not answering before laughing lightly, looking up at everyone else present in the room with one eye.

[Jode]:
"Just one thing - Thank you for the meeting with him."

He stated, pointing to me.
At first everyone was dumbfounded by his statement, however then he immediately was engulfed by a darkness that shot up from the shadows around him.
Klana and the S-Ranked Adventurers gasped, before quickly attempting to open the cell to try and stop this, however before they managed to get inside the cell, the darkness absorbed Jode and subsided, leaving no trace of Jode left.

[Hanss]:
"God fucking damnit... We should have expected that."

[Kirla]:
"Hmph..."

Hanss and Kirla seemed to be disappointed in themselves because of the fact that Jode managed to escape, however Klana was oddly calm, almost as if she had anticipated this to happen sooner or later.

I on the other hand, was puzzled. That darkness looked extremely familiar - almost like I had seen it somewhere before...
I swear, it looked so much like...

| It is the same type of Darkness that was used by the Habinger of Tritery, Flin - The Void Lord. |

Of course - How could I forget?!
That battle against the 'Void Lord' was my first ever run in with a Habinger of Tritery. And in that battle with him, I saw him manipulate and use darkness and dark coloured energy like that to form his attacks against me.

It wasn't quite the same as my 'Shadow Manipulation' or 'Abyss Magic' as it was something more condensed, but it was extremely similar.

Seeing it here engulf Jode pretty much confirmed one thing for me - That Flin had helped Jode to escape just now.
...But why? The Habingers didn't seem very worried about Olhade when he was hanging onto life by a thread, but in this situation where Jode was simply imprisoned they stepped in to help...

I wonder what actually matters to them.

Klana sighed, before turning around and ordering the guild employees and the two A-Rank adventurers present to return to their posts and continue watch of the port.
Then she turned to face Hanss and Kirla, who now stood next to eachother.