(5.) - Ship Tailers.

The Next morning....

     Me, Odale and Wezrall were all up kinda early. If I had to say on a rough estimate of how early, then in my old world, it would probably be around 7 or so in the morning.
We wanted to start off our day early, so we can get all the Adventuring Guilds business done as fast as possible, so we have as much time as possible to somewhat learn the layout of the city.

After all - our investigation technically was only going to begin in the evening or even at night, due to us needing to first investigate those mysterious ships that would sail into the port during the sunless hours of the day

I was ready almost immediately, not having my much to do in terms of putting on clothes and such, since I slept in my snake form.
However, Wezrall was taking a bit longer to get ready to leave. However, it seemed like that was mainly because he wasn't used to the nuisance that a 'human' type body can be.

[Wio](Wezrall):
"I have to say... Sleeping inside of human like homes and not a cave or something is strange..."

Wezrall stated, yawning before finally untangling his human forms hair. You would think that we'd be able to control this sort of thing and just snap to make the human forms hair or something else untangle, but surprisingly - we had almost no way of doing that.

Even shifting between forms did nothing - if your human forms hair was tangled up, then you had to manually untangle it.
No other choice.

I laughed lightly at Wezrall small complaint, while Odale sat at a coffee table next to a window, looking out while in his usual look. While we were in our room, we'd almost always would keep the door locked, which allowed me and more importantly Odale to safely shift into our normal forms with no one finding out.

Wezrall wasn't so lucky though - since unlike me and Odale, his normal form couldn't actually fit inside the room. He was a bit too tall.
With that being said - I'm not sure how much I supported the idea of sitting right next to a window and looking out of it.

What if someone noticed him from the outside?
That would bring unnecessary problems.

"Hey Odale? Are you certain it's safe for you to sit so close to the window—?"

Odale looked towards me, seemingly slightly confused. However it seemed like he caught on quite fast, as he let out a small exhale.

[Odale]:
"Do not worry my Lor— eh... Shin... I have cast a simple spell which warps my image from the outside of the window."

He stated, looking back outside the window.

[Odale]:
"I wouldn't dare to sit by a window without some way to hide my true appearance."

...Good point.
I shouldn't probably try to take Odale for an idiot - if anything, intelligence wise, he is probably the smartest of my friends so far.

| Pardon? |

You're not physical, you don't count.

| ....Touché. |

I sighed lightly, as Wezrall finished preparing, getting ready as well as cleaning himself up. After he finished, I called out to Odale who shifted into his cat form once more, running up and leaping up onto my shoulder.

Afterwards, me, Wezrall and Odale on my shoulder unlocked the room, exiting it and locking it behind us. Something neat about this inn, was that we could get a room for multiple nights, unlike the one I stayed at in Ordial.
Meaning that we basically didn't need to check out and hand in the room keys, which was neat.