48

-Gaea-

Smacking her lips with a pleased sigh, the goddess of the earth lowered her goblet of wine. After so many millennia forced to slumber, trapped within her very domain, it was good to enjoy the simple pleasures again. Before her stood a wall of diamond, the stone showing the past of one Perseus Jackson, his exploits and strength. Her knowledge of the world from when she slumbered was, at best, disjointed. After first rising she had readily dismissed the adopted son of Artemis, thinking him as nothing more than a nuisance. A notable nuisance to be sure but not something she would have considered a threat.

That thought was quickly disproven with the frankly delicious amounts of fury and power he let loose atop that mountain. "Such power from a mortal," the goddess of the earth purred as she watched the powerful demigod slay Polyphemus "oh so many possibilities."

"Mother," the voice of Porphyrion spoke as he entered, the bane of Zeus having been reborn by sacrificing one of the minor gods who had tried to defect after the death of Atlas "there are things you should be aware of."

"Oh?" she raised an eyebrow at her son, giving him a small smile for the loyalty he always showed her "And what would those be? Good things I hope."

"One is mother, the other pieces of news I bring you are…less so." He admits, not shying away from delivering bad news to her, a trait she had to admit she admired.

"Get the bad news out of the way Porphyrion," she commanded "save the good to wash away the taste of what you are about to tell me."

"It is my brothers, Kronos and Polybotes." Porphyrion scowled harshly, a thunderous fury flashing through his eyes "They are making choices that could prove detrimental to your wishes mother." Her smile slipped off her visage, all her children were important to Gaea but Porphyrion and Kronos had special places in her heart.

"What 'choices'?" she demanded, her tone saying quite clearly that the answer had best come soon.

"Kronos has been antagonizing the Grace girl," Porphyrion began "it seems like he is trying to deliberately provoke a reaction from Grace and her two companions. I'm not sure for what purpose but he has been taunting them about the son of Artemis. I'm not sure about why he is doing this or for what purpose it could be geared towards. Polybotes situation is much worse."

"I will speak to Kronos," she assured Porphyrion, relieved that it wasn't as serious as she worried "what has Polybotes done to raise your concern?"

"I worry he means to defect mother." Porphyrion spoke before staggering back, waves of raw energy pouring from the form she had constructed.

"He means to what?" she hissed, rising from her throne "This had better be more than simple rumor and hearsay Porphyrion, I do not like the thought of my children betraying me, especially should it turn out to be merely a rumor if I did act upon it."

"He was born to be Poseidon's Bane," Porphyrion grunted out "to destroy the sea god. The hatred he feels for Neptune and Poseidon is strong, stronger than what many of us feel for our counterparts. With Poseidon having joined us he feels not only betrayed but robbed of his purpose in life. I'm not sure if he would join the Olympians but I have heard talk that he plans to defect and comments I have heard from my brother myself seem to give the rumors weight."

"Kronos can wait," with restrained fury she stalked past her son towards where she knew Polybotes to be "this has to be addressed now." As Gaea stalked through the halls of her fortress most who saw her quickly scrambled out of the way, feeling the raw power pouring from her and the fury that danced within the eyes of the Earth Mother. "Polybotes!" she yelled, getting to the sparring grounds where her son was training, the Bane of Poseidon looking up from the dummy that was being perforated with his trident.