CHAPTER ~ 7

POV :~ HRIDYA

Yesterday was my first rasoi. I prepared lunch for everyone.
At noon, everyone arrived in the dining hall for having their lunch. I served the food to everyone.
But all of a sudden Aarav ji stood up and walked away without having his lunch.

That was expected!

Everyone else enjoyed the food and also praised me. His mother also gifted me gold bangles set and his father gave me gold earrings.

This morning, I woke up early and finished my morning routine fast.
Although I woke up early but Aarav ji wasn't present in the room when I got up.

Aadya was sleeping on the bed.
When I returned after taking my bath, Aarav ji was already there. Aadya had woke up and they were playing.

From the very first day I've noticed, Aarav ji looks cold from outside but when he is with his daughter, all his seriousness flushes away.
Maybe, that's what father-daughter relationship looks like!

I stood in front of the dressing table and applied vermilion in my hairline. I combed my hair perfectly.

"Mumma has called you for breakfast", Aarav ji said without looking at me.

"You?", I asked.

"Yes, you go, we're coming", he said while tickling Aadya.

I moved downstairs and went inside the kitchen.
"Good morning beta", his mother wished me.

"Good morning aunty", I wished her back.

"Aunty? Not again. I told you na, call me mumma", she kept one of her hand on her waist while looking at me.

"Good morning...mumma", I stuttered.

"Good girl, now come have your breakfast", she said and took me towards the dining hall.

We sat on our places. Aarav ji arrived too with Aadya in his arms.
The breakfast was served. Everyone started eating.

"Beta, I was thinking to organise a small party", mumma uttered.

"NO NEED!", Aarav Ji almost shouted.

"But beta..", she was cut off in middle by Aarav ji who spoke," I TOLD YOU ALREADY TO NOT FORCE ME FOR SUCH THINGS" and started getting up.

"Atleast let her complete", Papa ji spoke.

He calmed down and settled back in his place.

"Beta, Aadya has already turned six. Her annaprashan is still left. We need to organise that for her", she said and continued, "we'll invite only our close ones and everyone will get to know about Hridya beta too".

Aarav ji took a deep breathe inside.
"Fine, only for Aadya",he announced.

"Thank God, you agreed", mumma said.

"I'll ask pandit ji about the shubh tithi and we'll prepare accordingly", papa ji spoke.

"We need to inform Kavya's family too. Rahul is her mama. He will do her annaprashan", Aarav ji said and everyone agreed.

After completing breakfast, everyone left. I went inside my room and sat on the sofa. I was alone and getting bored.

Soon, Aarav ji arrived inside with Aadya. He handed over her to me. He took out his clothes from the wardrobe and disappeared inside the bathroom.

Aadya was sleeping on my lap when he came outside in a fresh suit.
Seems he is going somewhere.

I was staring him with my eyes when suddenly our eyes met and I looked away.
"Office Jaa Raha hu, important meeting hai. Aadya ka khyal rakhna",he said.