14 ✨🪭 Pleas for Justice and war.

Chapter 14 : Pleas for Justice and War

______
______

Palace of Virata.

Varun entered the palace of Virata with a weary look on his face

Varun entered the palace of Virata with a weary look on his face. He had been gone for more than a week, while the preparation of war and training was happening.

He was accompanied by a mysterious woman, dressed in a colorful tribal attire, who had a visible bump on her stomach. She looked around nervously and walks in shyly, as if afraid of being recognized.

Ivaan and Nimit, soon joined Varun as they had been worried sick about him, ever since he was captured by the Nanda soldiers during the five-day long festival.

It was dangerous for him to visit Nanda again.

"Varun, you are back safe.....

What happened? And who is this woman?" Ivaan asked, curious.

Varun sighed and motioned for them to follow him to a private chamber. He had a lot to tell, and none of it was good.

Varun asked the attentee to see the woman before talking with Ivaan and Nimit,

He explained how he saw some spies and informers lurking in the shadows, reporting to someone, Varun followed them discreetly, and discovered that they were working for a mysterious woman who wore a veil. He heard her giving orders and instructions to her agents, and realized that she was the leader of a secret organization that was plotting against Raja Sethu.

She said that she had a plan to assassinate him during the festival.

He asked for the woman inside the chamber for the rest of what he heard.

"I have brought you a valuable ally in our war against Nanda. This is Kali, the princess of the Kuru tribe, a small state under the rule of Nanda. She is also the mother of King Sethu's unborn child." Varun said, shocking Ivaan, and Nimit she was very young compared to King Sethu.

"What? How is that possible? King Sethu is married to Queen and they have a son, Nayan, who is about to be wed and she looks younger than him," Nimit asked, incredulous.