Chapter XXXII

"omo, I'm so excited guys! I heard other students from other schools will be joining us." Ayoola squeals buttoning the first two buttons of the school shirt. She glares at herself in the mirror and makes a pouty face.

"Other students kwa? Where did you hear that one from?" Ngozi chirps in, she packs a few stuffs into her backpack, she's already dressed in the school uniform, she's just waiting for I and Ayoola. Actually she's just waiting for Ayoola since I'm already dressed.

"I heard Meekness and Abasi talking about it." Ayoola paints her mouth with a nude lipstick. She offers I and Ngozi, Ngozi rejects but I gladly receive it, I'll do anything to look pretty.

"That's really cool then. The higher the population, the more interesting the trip is." Ngozi says bopping her head slowly like she's already imagining things. I also think it'll be really fun, not because of the other students but hopefully I be with Murewa, Fidelity and Teddy. They give great company. Abasi could tag along too, I enjoy his company for some weird reason.

"Girls. I'm ready. Let's go slay." Ayoola blows a kiss to us. I wouldn't say we're friends but I guess we're all just trying to stay friendly to each other so we can have fun.

My eyes dart to the wall clock, the time reads 8:50am. We are 10 minutes away from being late. I grab my backpack and my school ID and dash out of the room with the girls behind me. I always wonder if there's any need for us to lock our room since that annoying man, Mr Travis gave us keys to the room, just incase anyone might try to steal something but then I realize everyone in this school are all from wealthy homes, or at least manageable homes.

The lobby is occupied with some of our classmates and seniors dressed neatly in their uniforms and it makes me smile at how aesthetically pleasing it is to the eyes.

Ayoola scurries off into the crowd of students to probably go say hi to her actual friends leaving me and Ngozi behind. I suddenly feel a hard tap on my shoulder, it startles me causing me to jump in fear. I turn around to glare at the culprit and my mouth hangs open at Michael standing right before me.

His eyes are swollen and a few bruises are on his face. His uniform looks rumpled, his student ID and Ambassador ID hangs on his neck carelessly and of course he has a huge scowl on his face matching that of his minions hovering around him.

"Where's that your stupid friend?" He spits out bitterly. I already know he's talking about Teddy. How dare he though?

"Don't call anybody stupid here." Ngozi snaps at him. Well, I have to give her an award for being so confident. I mean it's not like I'm afraid of Michael or his minions, I just don't want to get into any trouble.

"Mind your business smallie." One of his minions speaks up raising his fist in the air. Is he actually going to punch Ngozi or is he just trying to scare her?

"Michael, go and find somewhere else to play." A hoarse yet familiar voice rings out loud from a far distance. My eyes and that of everyone else around move towards that direction, Murewa is walking towards us neatly dressed in his uniform, omo, he looks so good and I can even smell his perfume from the distance.

"Guy, don't think you can talk to me anyhow just because I and your sister are friends." Michael says dryly.

Murewa rolls his eyes in a cute way and scoffs out loud. "Don't think you can talk to them rudely just because they're girls plus I don't care if you and Dayo are friends."

Yes! Murewa to the rescue.

His minions mumble things to him like "Let us teach him a lesson" I think they're forgetting that Murewa's mother is the proprietress and Murewa is a mama's boy.