Chapter XXI

"Mummy na, Mummy!!" Demilade whines. Her whining is honestly starting to bother me. She has been doing that for the past 10 minutes since I and her mum have been in the kitchen preparing lunch for the family.

Demilade is trying to convince her mummy to pay for the field trip that the school is organizing. They said the deadline is this week's Saturday, my class teacher said juniors won't be going on the same field trip as seniors. She said the field trip will last for 3 days. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Miss Agatha is our class teacher regardless of the fact that she's never in our class, anyways, she said this week's Friday, all the students that paid will be grouped into 6 batches since one big bus can't take the whole senior school, 6 buses will do justice. She said the field trip is in Badagry, Lagos State. Apparently our dear proprietress has an hotel in Badagry so we will be making use of it, although we'll have roommates. Miss Agatha said the field trip is mostly about sight seeing and learning, she also said there will be lots of beautiful and exciting places to visit.

I wish I had the money to pay.

"Mummy!, Chisom will there o, even Greatness and Gabby." There goes Demilade's whining yet, again.

"How much is it?" Her mum finally speaks up.

"30,000."

"Ehn!" Her mum exclaims.

"Mummy before you say it's expensive, it's not because it's a field trip, they'll be taking us to Abuja!" Demilade squeals.

Wow, Abuja?

The juniors are lucky o.

"Demilade, I don't have the money for that." Her mum states.

"Liar. You have the money, you're rich." Demilade snaps. Why would she call her mum a liar?, Day by day this girl just grows to be very rude.

"Demi please. I don't have money for that." Her mum says raising her voice a little.

"Demilade, don't pester your mummy, cle..."

"You better shut up there. I'm not talking to you." Demilade suddenly interrupts me eyeing me from head to toe. She hisses and goes back to disturbing her mum.

Wow, did she just tell me to shut up in the presence of her mum and her mum didn't say a word?, Wow. Just wow.

My phone suddenly vibrates jolting me out of my thoughts. My aunt turns to glare at me with a frown.

"No phones in the kitchen." She snaps.

"Sorry ma. Please excuse me ma." I say  walking out of the kitchen. I glare at my phone, it's a message from Teddy saying she's in front of my door. Today's Sunday, we just got back from church. Yesterday Teddy texted me on whatsapp and pleaded with me that I should escort her to Fidel's house so she can apologize. I agreed that we meet today, I already told my aunt I and Teddy will be going out and said no problem as far as I've done all my house chores which I have.

I walk towards the front door and open it widely. Teddy looks so beautiful in a white crop top and a black fitted mini skirt and a pair of white crocs. She's also putting on a blonde wig with bangs and her lips are painted black.

"Wow, you want murder Fidel?" I ask jokingly.

"Oreke stop na." She says blushing. I smile. She's a really stunning girl, the pretty face and nice curves says it all and there's me that looks like a bag of rice.

"Why aren't you dressed?" She asks eyeing me.

Dressed as in how?, I'm legit putting on a black Spaghetti top and a pair of blue ripped shorts.