VI. Jealous

DUSTIN, LUCAS, Max, Ashton and Julie were all in Mr

DUSTIN, LUCAS, Max, Ashton and Julie were all in Mr. Clarke's classroom, standing around his desk. Dustin took a breath, "This is the reason I was late to class" He said finally after some time, dropping his Ghostbusters contraption on the desk.

Mr. Clarke was impressed, poking his lip out, "Pretty neat. These doors function?" He asked, touching the contraption.

"Well, yeah obviously. But it's not about the trap, it's what inside" He told the teacher as the man stood up to his full length with his hands on his hips, urging Dustin to continue.

"Now, this very well may change your perception of the world" Dustin informed him as Mr. Clarke shrugged his shoulders "Consider my interest piqued."

"Alright, first, let's just clarify that this is MY discovery, not yours--" Dustin began to say, "Dustin." Ashton called his name in an irritated tone.

"Just show him!" Lucas exclaimed, started to wear impatient. Dustin turned to Lucas, "I'm just trying to clarify--"

"Dustin!" Max called out, making him quick to give in. "Okay fine.

Just as he was about to reveal his discovery to Mr. Clarke, the door opened and Mike came running in with Will behind him, "Stop!"

He ran to the desk, picking up Dustin's contraption, "I'm sorry, Mr. Clarke, it was just some stupid prank--"

"What the hell are you doing?" Dustin threw his hands up in the air. "Mike?" Julie questioned aloud, confused as to why the boy was suddenly acting this way.

"We need to go, now. Right now!" He shouted before running out of the room, giving the others no choice but to follow him. Julie turned towards Mr. Clark, "Have a nice day Mr. Clarke" She offered a smile before he gave one back in return.

She followed the group out the door as they all sprinted to the AV room.

--

A FEW MINUTES HAD past of Mike and Will explaining something that they figured out about Dart to the others. Everyone in the room sat in silence for a moment besides Max as the girl was standing outside the door, banging because Mike wouldn't let her in, claiming that they need to discuss classified AV stuff.

"I don't understand" Lucas broke the silence as Mike raised a brow at him, "What are you not understanding?"

"Will saw something that looked like Dart last year?" The boy asked again for clarification. "Kind of, but there was no tail" Will told them.

"But then he heard the same sound yesterday" Mike finished for the smaller boy as Julie perked up, "Was that what you saw yesterday when you ran away that night?" She questioned, Will responded to her with a nod.

"Why didn't you tell us this before? Ashton asked Will. He shrugged, looking down at the table, "I wasn't sure."

"So it's a coincidence."