III. Seven

"SOMETHING IS COMING

"SOMETHING IS COMING. Something hungry for blood."

"A shadow grows on the wall behind you , swallowing you into the darkness. It is almost here." Mike says in a mysterious tone, his friends leaning in, intrigued.

"What is it?" Will asked impatiently. "What if it's the Demogorgon? Oh Jeez, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon." Dustin asked terrified, putting his hand on his forehead.

Will leans back into his seat with a sigh as Lucas speaks up, "It's not the Demogorgon!" Lucas reassured the stressed curly head. Ashton nods, "Chances are zero to negative." He adds as Mike looks between the three with a smirk.

"An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike continues, smashing a group of identical figures on the board. "Troglodytes?" Dustin questions as Julianna, who was watching the game tilts her head, "What's that?" She questions but everyone is too caught up in the game to answer her question.

"Told ya!" Lucas laughs as the others join in. "Wait a minute..." Mike whispers lowly as the smiles on the others faces quickly fades, "Do you hear that? That--that sound. Boom...boom...BOOM!" He bangs loudly on the table, a small gasp leaving Julianna's lips.

"That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that...that came from something else." Everyone around the table shares the same look of terror and confusion before Mike slams another figure on the board, "THE DEMOGORGON!"

The other three throw their heads back and groan, annoyed.

"Ugh!" Ashton hit the table in anger.

"We're in deep shit!"

"Will, your action!"

"I don't know!" Will puts his hands to his head, stressed.

"Fireball him!" Lucas's suggestion coming out as a demand. Will shook his head, "I'd have to roll a thirteen or higher!"

"Too risky, cast a protection spell-" Dustin suggests before being cut of by Lucas, "Don't be a pussy. Fireball him!"

"Cast protection!"

"I think we should cast protection." Ashton adds, siding with Dustin. To that, Lucas rolls his eyes, "You guys are both just scared. Will, fireball him!"

Julianna looks between them, watching them as they argued back and forth, it was amusing to say the least.

"How're you liking D&D so far?" Mike whispered to her, keeping his eyes on the trouble stirring in front of him, "It's intense" Julianna replied as she watched Dustin and Lucas go back and forth, "But fun," She looked at Mike, smiling.