5 ~ Closer To You

The soft, warm glow of the sun hits my face, ever so gently waking me up from my sleep. My eyes take a second to adjust but eventually, the blurriness subsides as I sit up. The fluffy white blankets that were once wrapped tightly around me are now thrown off in a messy pile on the other side. I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and push up, taking a second to balance myself. I let out an annoyed sigh as I realized it was already noon.

Today was the first day of our victory tour. The first day out of twelve to be exact. I could not say I was looking forward to it. Especially seeing the other tributes from our games again. I didn't have a course of action or any sort of plan as to what I would do once I had to face myself and what I had done, but I was leaving that for later. I didn't need to worry about it because I wouldn't be there alone. I would have my friends with me and if I broke down or couldn't handle it, they would be there to help me figure it out. At least I hoped that's how it would be.

I enter my bathroom, the cold white tiles beneath helping to wake me up a bit. It didn't take long for me to tidy myself up. Just a quick splash of water on my face, a bit of styling to my hair, and of course brushing my teeth. By the time I had come out, I realized that the rest of my home was already up.

My bedroom door was already cracked open so I could hear everything. It sounded like my father was making food for Ana, they were also talking about something else that I couldn't quite catch. As I open my door fully I hear the doorbell ring, Ana immediately calling for me. "Y/n, they're for you!"

Crap! It was my stylist team. I had forgotten about them. I don't know how considering they were there to make me look good for the cameras in any Capitol event or interview, but I had. My appearance only crossed my mind for a second, thinking I didn't look good enough, but after a quick thought, I remembered that I didn't care. They would wind up doing everything their way anyway so It didn't matter.

"Coming!" I yell while running down the carpeted wooden stairs. Ana reaches for the door and pushes it lightly. For a second it lingers open only by a crack, but after a moment it swings open. The door makes a loud noise as it hits the wall to the left of it. Madelyn steps in, filling the doorway with her large, scaled purple dress. "Oh! Y/n, it has been too long!" She says while walking forward to embrace me in a hug, the solid silver snake she had wrapped around the collar of her dress hitting my face. "My goodness, what are you wearing?"

"It's nice to see you too Madelyn," I say ignoring her question.

My eyes only close for a second but when they reopen I see a familiar face slowly stepping closer. "Serenity!" I exclaim while Madelyn steps aside. I run forward to wrap my arms around her.

"There's my "Golden Boy". How are you doing," She says with a contagious smile. Her purple eyes stared into mine with a mixed look of sympathy and happiness.

"I'm ok. just a little nervous, that's all." I mutter the last part quieter but still loud enough for her to hear. She patted my back before waving the rest of her team in. Quickly two people rush in, both wearing matching sparkly black outfits. I had recognized both of them. The taller girl in heels was always there to help with my makeup, hair, and nails. She didn't talk much but whenever she did it was to complement me, so I didn't mind her. Same with the short skinny guy next to her, except he helped with measurements and designing my outfits along with Serenity.

Madelyn's attention turns to my sister and father as she walks over to greet them. Serenity taps my hand as she walks into the living room of my home. She gently pulls me along to follow her.

She stops once she reaches the center of the room, taking a quick look around to make sure that no one else is around. "Are you sure you're ok?" She asks in a genuine tone. My lips curled back into my mouth, tongue licking them lightly. I think about telling her everything right there, spilling all my thoughts and emotions out on her, but I don't. Still skeptical as to if her team would say anything or not.