twenty-seven

TWENTY-SEVEN☆

TWENTY-SEVEN

"so it's always just been my mom and I. Dad was never around. I used to despise him for not wanting to be with me and my mom but there was no point in thinking about a man who didn't think about me." I dip the nail brush into the color black once more before grabbing her hands and coating her pinky finger. She had a bright and happy smile on her face. I'm not sure why but I like it.

"I'm not sure if I said this but I grew up in Louisiana. Side note I hate saying j grew up there because then people are like you're still a kid you're still growing. Well, no shirt Sherlock I'm just saying I've spent most of my life there."

"Kinda like when you talk about something and refer to when you were young and they say you're still young. It's so annoying and they act as if they don't understand social cues."

Our eyes meet one another as we laugh. I twist her hand slightly to get a better angle.

"Anyway, yeah I grew up in Louisiana and I moved here a few years ago..." I get silent for a second as I realize the next part of my story is how everything went downhill for me.

"I uhm... when we moved here I got really depressed. I hated living here, I had no friends, and life just didn't seem bearable for 14-year-old me. I did everything to try to hurt myself as a kid. Drugs, razor blades, suicide attempts, you name it. None of it worked though clearly... I'm still here." I trail off at the end of my sentencing hoping she would lighten the mood with a laugh.

Instead, she uses her free hand to rub my thigh as a way of comfort. It soothes me and just gives me another reason to feel good around her. "I met Abel like... seven months after moving here? Maybe eight not sure but yeah. He and I got close so quickly, he does have his off days but for the most part, he was the first person I shared anything with. You are the second. Don't be jealous though I like you more."

She scoffs as if it isn't news to her. That smile on her face tells me we probably won't be doing her nails for much longer. "of course in your favorite" she leans in and softly places her lips on mine. So soft you could barely feel the but me being me, I take it upon myself to lean in close and deepen our kiss. She doesn't deny me entrance as I graze my tongue over her lip. She opens her mouth giving me access to everything.

Our tongues hover over one another as the kiss deepens and you can hear it throughout the room. We pull away for a quick second followed by a small laugh from her. Man, she's so beautiful.

Like we couldn't get enough we both lean in again and I use my hand to drop the nail polish on the floor next to me. I move closer to her on the floor and she instantly grabs my hips. I throb. I like the way it feels. So comforting, so possessive.