one

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

       𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘚 𝘛𝘐𝘔𝘌 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘙𝘖𝘖𝘔 𝘐𝘚 𝘞𝘏𝘐𝘛𝘌  with hints of color showing through decorations like paintings, rugs, and plants. In front of me sat a rectangular table that was grey and held multi-colored fidget toys. On the walls were mini abstract and neutral-colored paintings. All of what I expected. 

I sat in a white puffy chair that was right across from her. Dr. Vicky Lewis. She had dark brown hair that sat past her shoulders and was tied up into a slick ponytail with two strands out. Her makeup was done lightly and naturally. Pretty.

Her tan skin was out and gorgeous as she wore a black long-sleeve shirt that had a square-shaped cut out at the top and black pan-suit pants. Along with the small tattoos on her fingers that are hard to miss. She had one leg crossed over the other with a pencil and pad in hand.

"So, Cory how about you tell me about yourself." Her voice comes out soft but powerful and dominating. By the look she's giving me I know she knows I don't want to be here. But she seems like a lady that doesn't give up.

"Uhm" I begin tapping my leg and looking everywhere but her. "I'm 16, I hate school, I don't enjoy therapy because it doesn't work and I don't think I need to be fixed."

I watch as a small smile plays on her face. "My job isn't to fix you, Cory, it's to help you overcome challenges in your life, especially the ones that affect your mental health."

"right..." I say, looking down at my Converse.

she's gorgeous and seems like she genuinely cares but I don't want another therapist. They never work. I always end up spilling out my heart to them and getting prescribed pills that don't even help. Then when my mom realize it isn't working she moves me to another therapist which I'm honestly tired of.

"So let's start small... how was your day at school?"

"school was great," I say, hoping that if maybe I give her short answers she will lose interest and stop talking... which usually doesn't work. I don't know why I thought this time would be different.

"And what made it great?" She asked, tilting her head to the side as she wrote something down in her notepad. I squint my eyes at her wondering what it is she's writing.

I've only said 2 words.

"Uhm... it was an early out so we left an hour early." I look up at her to see her already looking at me. She has a look on her face that tells me she knows this is gonna be difficult.
She knows it's going to take a lot for me to talk.

"And what was it like at home, after school."

I sigh, already tired of her questions. I honestly wish I could just leave.

"Is my hour up yet?" I ask.

She chuckles a little before shaking her head and writing in her notepad once again.

What the hell is she writing?

"Nope, so what was home like?"

"It was great."

"Oh yea, how so?"

"I watched tv"

"What shows are you into?"

"I'm currently watching Atypical on Netflix" She better be thankful. That's the most information she's getting out of me. She nodded.

"Who's your favorite character."

"Casey"

"Why"

"Because she's hot and funny."

A small laugh escapes her lips at my comment. "So you're into girls I presume?" She asks. Pushing a strand of hair behind her ear and looking back up at me.

I nod... "yes."

"Are you interested in anyone?"

"Nope," she nodded looking down at her notepad once again. This time not writing anything down. She sighed and reached over to her left and grabbed a small round timer. She turned it to whatever time and put it on the table for only her to see.

"We have 3o minutes left, and it's clear you don't want to be here. That's fine. I won't force you. Just speak if you want to."

Finally.

I don't show it but I'm smiling. It's only better when they give up early. She leans back in her chair and we both look around hoping this will soon end. The timer is ticking with every second and it's hard to concentrate with that being the only white noise but I like it anyways.

As time flies the timer goes off making me jump a little in my seat. With no goodbye, I stand up and grab my phone from my pocket. "I'd love it if you talked to me sometimes." She said looking up at me as walked towards the door. I only nodded and walked out closing it behind me.

When I walk out of her office another girl is sitting in a chair across from the door probably waiting for her time. Once the door clicks closed she looks up making her hood fall off.

She has white skin that's almost pale and brown hair that's cut into a mullet. She swipes her tongue over her puffy pink lips and stands up making eye contact with me. I quickly look away feeling the small tension between the two of us... being the only two in the waiting room beside the receptionist.

As I walk towards the exit she walks towards me making us bump into each other. Resulting in her phone falling from her hands."Oh, my g- sorry!" I say bending down at the same time as her to get it but she grabs it first.

"Sorry," I say again.

"Watch where you're going."

She gives me a look before opening the door behind me and walking in. I sigh looking back at the door. "Sorry" I mumble again but she's already gone in. I continue walking out of the building and see my mom's car parked right in front of the building.

I jog to her and open the passenger side door. A smile on her face as I sit down and close the door behind me.

"Hey," I say

"Hey, how was it?"

"The same as always." The small smile of hope on her face fades and she tried to hide it by putting on another one.

"That's fine! You just have to get used to her. Talking to someone new is always hard."

I nod.

"So why do you keep making me do it." My voice raises a little and I think it startled her. Her milk chocolate skin which usually glows is now pale and her smile is gone. The car grows silent and for the rest of the ride, we ride in silence.

I ruin everything.