four

CHAPTER FOUR WARNING: This chapter contains mentions of depression and depressive episodes

CHAPTER FOUR
WARNING: This chapter contains mentions of depression and depressive episodes. If you suffer from either I suggest you don't read ahead.

        𝘐 𝘞𝘈𝘒𝘌 𝘜𝘗 𝘛𝘖 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘚𝘖𝘜𝘕𝘋 of my phone alarm ringing throughout my bedroom and I know it's 7 a.m. I groan and put my hand out to my dresser tapping the phone many times until it stopped. I sigh, fighting every urge in my body to forget about my education and sleep for the rest of my life.

I yawn as I sit up and stretch looking out my balcony windows to the city. It really is a sight to wake up to.

I step out of my bed and into my house slippers before walking toward the balcony and opening it. As I step onto it I feel the light New York wind. Summer is about a month away and I can feel the weather getting so much better.

As I look down I see taxi cabs scattered all around the city, as with people running and going into buildings and whatnot. I take a deep breath before going back in and closing the door behind me.

Today is a Friday so I don't really feel the need to do much on an outfit I just want to be in and out. I walk over to my closet and pick out my platform Chuck taylors along with black cargo jeans and a white embroidered sweater that reads "women>".

My clothes have become my biggest way of expressing myself. I want to be a fashion influencer one day. I think if I ever decided to put the effort into my Instagram and tik tok I'd make it but I've been too lazy and depressed.

Speaking of being depressed, I have another session with Vicky today. I'm not sure how well it will go because I don't have any more energy to entertain therapists anymore. They all say and do the same thing. We talk, they diagnose me, and we continue talking. No progress.

I lay the clothes on the bed and stripped from my pajamas. I begin putting my clothes on starting with my bra and pants. I then put a tank top on before putting the crew neck on. I ran over to the mirror behind my door to outfit check. Perfect.

I then put my shoes on and went to the bathroom to add the finishing touches. I added a few metal rings to each hand and some silver earrings that were crossed. My locs were hanging to my shoulder and I just kept them down like that.

"Cory we gotta go!" My mom's soft voice boomed through the penthouse apartment making me jerk a little.

"coming." I triple-checked my outfit before making sure I got everything. I sprayed myself with perfume before going out of my room.

"Morning," I say going over to the fridge and grabbing an apple juice.

"Morning." She says and she searches for something. Probably her keys.