eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

       𝘞𝘏𝘌𝘕 𝘐 𝘞𝘈𝘓𝘒 𝘖𝘜𝘛 𝘖𝘍 𝘏𝘌𝘙 𝘉𝘈𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘖𝘖𝘔, she's nowhere to be seen. I'm not sure why I'm surprised. I didn't expect her to be waiting for me after I was done showering. That would be weird... she's probably doing something. I go walk further into her room and look around. Which I've done before so it shouldn't be as interesting as it is.

I rub my finger along her wall as I walk around her room trying to get to know her better. I doubt her room will tell me what I want to know but it doesn't hurt to try.

Her room is -sorry to say- bland. She has no decor, no little trinkets, and nothing that shows the room belongs to her. She doesn't have any photos with friends or with her mom either. Nothing. Nothing except for a couple of plants, her bed, a medium-sized bookshelf, and her laundry basket.

Besides that, it was like she had just moved in. Maybe she likes it like this? Maybe she's a minimalist and doesn't like it a lot. I'm not sure. Yet again I don't know her at all but I'm in her house wearing her clothes and examining her bedroom.

But hey! She has a balcony. A gorgeous one at that. It was littered with plants and pots. She
She's a plant lover. Something new. Her bedroom might not be the average Pinterest bedroom but at least she has something this great.

My eyes open to the balcony. I can hear the sound of cars racing past one another to get to where they need to be.

With my dirty clothes in one hand, I use my other to slide open the balcony door. It was dark outside so the lights from the talk New York buildings were on and shining. Cars were racing in the street to get to wherever their destination is. It's gorgeous, I hope one day I can be able to live somewhere like this, but knowing me, it'll take more than hope to get me here.

I don't hear the balcony door slide open but it does because all of a sudden I hear her voice.,

"Hey." Her soft voice somehow startles me and I  jerk, holding my chest as I turn to her.

"fuck." I curse. I immediately shake my head at how quickly I am to use profanity. It's so etched into my vocabulary that I sometimes don't realize how inappropriate it is.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't wanna disturb you." I furrow my eyebrows and shake my head.

"Oh no... you weren't... you didn't. I was just... thinking." I wave her off with my hands hoping we can find something that'll fit the gap where the conversation usually is. Her eyes land on the dirty clothing in my hand.