Chapter 39: Last Stand

(DISCLAIMER: The following is a non profit, fan based series. Monsterverse is owned by Legendary Pictures, and Attack On Titan (Shingeki No Kyojin) is owned by Hajime Isayama. Please support the original franchises.)

All around the world, The Wall Titans who had diligently marched onward and trampled everything in their path fall to their knees and cease, much to the bewilderment of the humans who fled from them.

Back in Fort Salta, several more humans, friends, family, and strangers alike check on one another as the explosion that they had just witnessed had knocked them off their feet.

Among them, the mother of Reiner Braun groans in pain as she tries to stand once more.

Gabi's parents help her stand to her feet as a 103 meter gorilla approaches and places his hand upon the ground of elevated ground of The Fort, allowing those that he carried within it to unboard.

Falco, The Jaw Titan upon his shoulder flaps his wings to ease the kaiju's burden and lands gingerly onto that same ground.

The Heroes of Paradis look on at the burning crater that had taken the place of The Founder, a barrier of steam spouting from within it and The Ancient Titans, both friend and foe, vanished without a trace in the explosion.

"Well, most of the bones are gone..." Levi says, breaking the silence

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐨𝐨!" Kong says

"So is Eren dead?" Jean asks

Upon hearing Jean's words, Mikasa looks on at the burning crater before them, troubled by the very prospect...until a very intense headache causes her to nearly double over in pain.

As she rides out the sudden migraine, words that Eren had spoken to her echo through her mind.

("Those of the Ackerman clan are said to get headaches pretty frequently, they say this is the individual's true self trying to resist the influence of The Eldian they're tied to...") He once said

"No..." Mikasa says, the memory of Her, Godzilla and Kong speaking to their wayward friend on the shores of Paradis

("Ever since I met you two...") Eren had said as he looked over to Godzilla and Kong before he looks over at Mikasa

("And ever since we were kids, Mikasa...I've hated you.") Eren said

Mikasa's voice starts to shake and become choked up.

"Was that...the last time we'll ever talk?..." Mikasa asks herself as she continues to hold her head, trying to soothe the headache "It can't be..."

While Mikasa comes to terms with the loss, Gabi's parents run to The Jaw Titan, overjoyed to see their daughter alive and well. The child disembarks from the back of The Jaw Titan and runs toward her parents, giving them a loving embrace, the eyes of Gabi, as well as her parents flowing heavily with tears.

The nape of The Jaw Titan opens with a jet of steam as Falco emerges from it, his own parents climbing aboard the feathery hide of his titan to embrace him as well.

"It's not like I don't have regrets..." Connie says as he throws the injured Levi's arm over his shoulder to aid his superior in standing "But we did the right thing, didn't we? We stopped The Rumbling after all..."

The King of The Hollow Earth watches as his axe comes into view in the sky, falling from the stratosphere and embedding itself into the dry, desert ground beside the great fort, just barely avoiding the fort itself.

"𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭..." Kong replies

"Aunt Karina!" Gabi calls out to the mother of Reiner before she points her finger up at The King of The Hollow Earth