Chapter 16: Bridges Burned

(DISCLAIMER: The following is a non profit, fan based series. Monsterverse is owned by Legendary Pictures, and Attack On Titan (Shingeki No Kyojin) is owned by Hajime Isayama. Please support the original franchises.)

As the three friends and Kong have a staredown, Gabi looks up at the giant ape with reasonable fear, one of the demons of Paradis that have sided themselves with those that she were told to be island devils stands above her in the flesh.

Before her arrival to the island. Her cousin Reiner, in addition to telling her about Godzilla, the one the Marleyan government classified as "The Nautilus", he also told her of one other. A Mountain Who Thundered Death. The one they called Kong.

"I wanted to have a talk..." Eren says, a fresh wound in his hand dripping with blood

"𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞...𝐈𝐭'𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐛 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧." Kong says "𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲."

Kong extends his hand down to the humans, an offer to carry them to the location he had in mind.

Eren eyes up the titan suspiciously before silently boarding the hand, watching as Armin and Mikasa follow suit. Gabi slightly hesitates before literally putting her life in this titan's hands.

Meanwhile...

Erwin Smith silently watches the waves of the ocean move to and from the island's shores. The hollow right arm sleeve of his standard issue coat blowing in the wind as he takes in the sights.

Suddenly, the waters in the distance churn and swirl as 3 rows of spines emerge from them, followed by a familiar reptilian head.

"Ah, Godzilla. Did anything interesting come about from your own scouting mission?" Erwin asks

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 "𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐬" 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐳𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭. 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧." Godzilla replies

"I would have thought you of all of us would attack the one responsible for the expulsion from your own world then and there." Erwin says

Godzilla looks down at Erwin and his mind flashes back to the Battle of Shigashina "𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭."

Erwin, a man known not only for his amazing skills in leadership and combat, but also for his stoicism, can't help but chuckle. He can't help but find it a little funny that a kaiju, a titanic being capable of wiping out humanity on a whim would be adopting the tactics of mere humans.

"𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤, 𝐄𝐫𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐡. 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝...𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭?" Godzilla inquires