4

I look around, quickly calming myself then look back at Lauren "he called and said he couldn't pick me up so he sent me money for an Uber here." Something flashes through her eyes and for a split second she doesn't look happy.

   Quickly that look is gone, "What?" She says in disbelief as she shakes her head. "I-I will show you to your bedroom so you can get unpacked and get things settled in." She puts her hand on my back and leads me to the stairs. "This way." Just that simple touch makes my legs feel like noodles and my breath catches in my throat. How can something as simple as that have such an effect on me?

   Lauren starts climbing the stairs to the second floor with me following close behind her. I'm trying to keep my eyes off her perfectly toned ass. That's easier said than done but I manage to not stare at that... perfect... ass. Once we get to the top of the stairs, she turns down the hall to the right and opens a door at the end which I assume is going to be my bedroom. "This is your bedroom Kyler. It has its own en-suite and if you don't like the wall color I can always redo it so it's no problem just let me know. Mine and your father's room is on the other end of this floor. There are two smaller spare bedrooms up here and one spare bedroom downstairs. Once you get settled in I can show you around the house if you would like."

   I walk into the bedroom and look around and I sigh a little. Apparently Lauren heard me because I felt her hand on my shoulder, "hey... this is your home now so I want you to feel comfortable and at home here. I'm really glad you're here and can't wait to get to know you. I will help in any way I can so please let me know of anything I can do for you or if you want something changed. I promise it's not a problem."

   I tell Lauren the room is perfect and that I actually like the light gray wall color. She has a dark gray comforter on the bed and dark gray curtains over the windows to match. "We can go shopping for a new comforter and curtains if you want to. I already had that stuff so I used it until I could find out what you like." She explains. Wow, she is absolutely amazing and I can't believe she went to all this trouble just for me. She doesn't even know me but she has done all this just to make me feel at home here. How did she know I like gray color schemes for my bedroom?

   Lauren leaves so I can start unpacking and tells me if I need anything she will be downstairs in the kitchen which is to the left of the stairs. I wonder how Mike ever got a woman like that. She seems too good to be true and definitely too good for him. This is going to be hard being around her from now on and we just met. Now I'm stuck living in the same house as her.

   After I finish unpacking I head downstairs to check the rest of the house out. Once I get to the bottom of the stairs I can hear Lauren talking to someone in the kitchen. I wonder if the ol' sperm donor has made it home. I notice the kitchen is decorated in black and white with stainless steel appliances and a large island in the middle. It is very modern and classy looking. The kitchen looks more like something from a magazine. This kitchen would be a cook's dream come true.

   As I turn the corner I can see Lauren is on the phone so I stop not wanting to interrupt her conversation but not trying to eavesdrop either. "Mike no, she is already here. So, you knew what time her flight was! You knew that she would be home today. No, it is her home now too. I can't believe you made Kyler take an Uber, that was no way to welcome her home. You should have called or text me and I would have gone and picked her up even though you should have been there yourself. You had even said you would pick her up. After having her take an Uber here, an expensive Uber at that, you didn't even bother texting me and telling me she was on her way. I know you're not worried about money, that's not the point though. How many times did I ask you when her flight was but you would never tell me. She is your daughter, you should have been there just like you should be here now."

   Lauren is quiet for a few seconds then says "No, I'm not trying to start a fight with you. This is why I said we were not ready to try and have kids. Fine, do whatever, just hurry up and get home okay. I'm not starting with you but you handled all this wrong. Look, I would like us to have a nice family dinner on her first night here. You need to do the right thing here Mike, she's your daughter for God's sake." Lauren ends the phone call and sighs as she sits her phone on the countertop.

   I knew when she said Mike she was talking to my sperm donor. I guess he has a lot going on at work or just didn't want to be around me and she doesn't seem too happy about it either. Lauren is facing the sink as I walk into the kitchen. She doesn't hear me walk up behind her. My eyes seem to have a mind of their own as they travel over her figure. Her body is insane and just... perfect. She lets out a big sigh while holding onto the sink.

   For some reason I just want to comfort her. Not thinking much of it, I gently place my hand on her lower back and she jumps. "Are you okay?"

   Turning around Lauren forces a smile "Shit, you just startled me and... yeah, I'm fine." She motions for me to sit at the island.

   I look at her as I sit down "are you sure you're okay?" She looks at me for a second then just nods her head with a forced half smile.

   Lauren moves her gaze from me and decides to work on dinner. I try to shake off the butterflies I feel from being around her. I sit here staring while her back is to me. I'm not necessarily staring at her ass the whole time, I'm just taking her in. I mean all of her, from her bare feet to her hair. My staring is interrupted when she laughs and asks "can I help you?" She turns her head glancing at me with a raised eyebrow.

   I swallow and just shake my head no. Lauren laughs again as she shakes her head  and turns back to what she was doing. I'm confused on how she knew I was staring at her. I stand up from the island and walk around to where she is standing. I stop right next to her and my arm accidentally brushes against hers. Her skin is so warm and I just can't force myself to move away. It feels like a jolt of electricity runs through me from just that little bit of contact. I wonder if she feels it too. She turns her head and smiles at me. "Can I help?" I ask politely. She looks at me like she is studying me and then nods.