Do you ever focus?

Immediately the time was 6:00pm, I went down, took the food from the fridge, heated it up and dished it out, I set the dinning. Before I could go call Gabriel and Abel, I saw them both coming downstairs and I just waited.

They got down and Abel hurried to me, the time now was almost 7pm,
" Egg, you prepared dinner already?" He asked looking at the dinning table, I nodded at him with a small smile, ignoring the fact that he still called me egg, Abel hurried to the dinning and soon started eating.

Gabriel walked up to me, he looked like he was about to say something but he didn't, he walked past me and took his seat at the table and began to eat, I stood watching them
" Are you not eating?" Abel asked, and Gabriel looked at me, I walked to them, took my seat and ate.
.
When we were done eating, I took the plates to go wash. Abel offered to help me, probably wanting to treat me like the egg he calls me, I told him not to worry and washed them myself.

I went to Abel's room to make sure he was asleep but well...he wasn't, I told him I wanted to treat him like an elder sister does but he laughed saying he's never had an elder sister. I decided to show him.
   I told him a kids bed time story, he thinks it's funny saying he's not a child. I then decided to formulate an action story with alot of fights in it. He seemed to like it, I gave him a forehead kiss and turned off his room light before walking out and closing the door behind me.

Abel liked me alot and I really appreciated it. I turned around and Gabriel was standing in front of his room door which was just opposite Abel's. I blinked. His back was rested against the door.
" You shouldn't stress yourself out" Gabriel spoke calmly. ' Did he care about me or just doesn't want me to get along with Abel?'
" I'm not" i said
" Go to bed now then, we have school tomorrow, go rest" he spoke again calmly
" I only prepared dinner and put Abel to bed, I'm not tired, you should go to bed too" I said trying to be stubborn

   Gabriel tilted his head to the side slowly, his eyes fixed on me making me a bit nervous
" So what now? You want to put me to bed too?" He asked looking serious.
   I blinked, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. He slowly straightened his head again waiting for my response but I didn't know what to say
" Go to bed, you took care of Abel, I should take care of you" Gabriel spoke sounding a little annoyed.

And just like every other time, my stupidity kicked in
" What now? You want to put me to bed?" I asked stepping forward and folding my arms across my chest.
The side of Gabriel's lip pulled up forming a mischievous smile
" You want me to?" He asked removing his body from the door.
    I unfolded my arms " Forget it" "Good night" I added before hurrying to my room. I walked to my bed and laid down pulling the blanket over my body all the way to my neck

' Why do I keep feeling nervous around him?'  I thought to myself, I keep feeling shy, embarrassed and mostly nervous. When he's nice to me, I feel very happy, when he doesn't talk to me, I feel sad, if he's close... I feel goosebumps, I feel hot. The whole thing was weird to me, I've only been here for three days.

****
I woke up early to prepare breakfast, it got ready before the boys woke up, they were already dressed in their uniforms when they came down, I was also already dressed.

We all sat at the dinning eating, it was quiet all through except Abel who kept praising my cooking skills. Ummm okay that's to say it wasn't totally quiet. Gabriel did not say anything. When we were done, I took the plates back to the kitchen, Abel's driver took him to school while I and Gabriel also went to school as usual.

........

One week had soon gone by, Gabriel and I talked sometimes, he never smiled at me, but I was getting along with Abel very well, I  still had no friend in school, I was okay with it tho, I was already used to it, at least no one tried to bully me either. It was just one more week before Mrs Fidelia and Mr Noah comes back home.

It was a Monday, myself and Gabriel got to school like every other day, I hurried after him immediately we came down from the car. He was walking too fast. He suddenly Stopped walking, I didn't realize it on time, so I ended up colliding into his back.  I hear him sigh.
   I stepped backwards and raised my face to look at him as he turned to face me, he was frowning
" Do you ever focus?' he asked still frowning down at me, I looked around and some students were looking, some murmuring, I heard some ask themselves if we were fighting, I looked back at Gabriel and frowned
" You were walking too fast" I complained not caring if I sounded childish.

His frown faded for only a second but returned quickly
" Why are you following me, can't you be by yourself? You don't need to stick around with me. Just act like you don't know me when we're in school from now on" he said and started walking away leaving me .

I felt so sad, I saw some students around especially the girls, they laughed amongst themselves looking at me. I ignored and just walked into school slowly, I couldn't figure out why he suddenly said that, was he embarrassed by me? Well, I'll just be alone then.

___________________

Y'all please please please tell me your thoughts on the novel

Why do you think Gabriel said that?