三十三Thirty-Three三十三

Chapter Thirty-Three: Fate
W/C: 1438

"I will not allow anyone here to die."

Akaza's eyes widened, a sickening smile crawling on his face, "Ahh... What a tremendous fighting spirit! Amazing aura... That mental strength! That airtight stance! Hahahaha... You have to become a demon, after all, Miyake-Sama! Let's fight each other for all eternity!"

Miyake lowers his head slightly, looking at the golden blood pooling down from his mouth. He didn't know how Akaza got away with injuring him, even after the demon said he wouldn't. Muzan was going to have Akaza's head after this.

Miyake knew he wouldn't be able to heal himself after healing the passengers, he knew Akaza would show up, he knew he would die instead of Rengoku. Miyake knew all of this, and yet still made the dumb mistakes he is now.

"I'm the God Hashira... Tatsuo Miyake..." Miyake looked up, his eyes a blazing hot gold, "God Breathing: Eighth Form, Flames of Hades."

Rengoku's eyes widened, blood dripping down his face and body in excruciating pain. Tanjiro closed his eyes quickly when we saw the mix of ice and gold rush against each other violently.

Miyake slices down Akaza's arm and chest simultaneously as giant blue flames burn against Akaza's skin. Akaza dodges but doesn't leave another mark on Miyake. Miyake readies his blade and sliced upward, a burst of blue flames encapsulated the arena, Miyake was slower than usual.

Akaza knew, this was not Miyake's full power, it made Akaza angry. Why was Miyake intentionally trying to die?!

Rengoku slowly shakes his head when the smoke finally settled and he saw the outcome. Tanjiro's eyes widened in fear and worry.

Miyake had decapitated Akaza, but Akaza's arm had shot through Miyake's shoulder. Miyake's eyes narrowed, he knew this would happen, yet he still let it. His eyes slowly traveled to Rengoku, and Miyake smiled, he didn't regret making this mistake either.

Akaza started sweating nervously, he began yelling out violently, "Become a demon! Say that you'll become a demon! You are... strong and one of the chosen ones!"

Miyake drops his blade and glared when he saw Akaza reattach his head easily. Miyake grabs Akaza with what little strength he had, he ripped Akaza's arm off his torso, yanking it out of his chest with a deep groan of pain.

Akaza pinched his brows, "Why... why did you let me kill you?"

"I... I will live forever within those who have learnt from me, I'm just as cursed as you demons are... and it doesn't matter, Muzan will kill you once he's realized what you've done to me."

Rengoku feels his chest tighten, he can't hear what they're saying. He can't move, his injuries have left him immobile. Rengoku reminds himself of what his mother has told him in the past.

"Those who were born blessed with more gifts than others are obligated to use those gifts for the world and other people. You must never use that God-given strength to hurt others or for personal gain. It is the duty of those born strong to help the weak. It is a mission they must fulfill responsibly. Make sure you never forget that."

That's when Rengoku realized, Miyake was fulfilling Ruka's wish for him. So Rengoku wouldn't die, Miyake took his place... so that's what he was talking about earlier. Miyake died for Rengoku.

Miyake glared harshly at Akaza, "You better run while you can, before I decide to really kill you."

Akaza grits his teeth, "Why wont you fight me with your strength! Show me your real strength, why wont you fight me?!"