Chapter 19: A Gambler's Hint

Corky: let's see what happens...~

You sat there...lonely and...and afraid...

That was until you felt the presence of someone coming up behind you...

???: hey kid...

You audibly gasped as you heard the familiar snarky voice of a certain boss...

Roman: you've been busy since you got us out of the docks...

With opened blind eyes, you turned to face Roman with shock and confusion...how did you not notice him?...

Y/N: Mr. Roman?!...what are you doing here?

You heard him chuckle as he stylishly tapped his cane on the roof while walking in closer. He then sat next to you while facing the direction you had been looking towards.

Roman: *whistle* not bad kid...

You heard him chide on about your new destructive nature.

Roman: while this place is under reconstruction, it's gonna be a sinche to get things hidden around here! Money, and time saved, not to mention no need for extra man power from the white fang!

You didn't respond as you curdled back into a ball while looking up...the cold wind brushing against your antlers, and your face through the holes of your mask.

Roman: any who! Let's go!...I don't wanna be around when those stray rocks start hitting the tow-

Y/N: how do you do it?...

Roman: er-...what?...live?

You shrugged...

Y/N: you keep going...using, and insulting people...how do you do it...

Roman: probably because of my charm my bo-

You grit your teeth as you cut him off

Y/N: IM NOT JOKING!!!

Your words shook the base of the tower as you heard Roman struggle to keep balance. Your antlers fighting to stay balanced in power.

Roman: Woah! What the heck kid!

You realized what you did right after he shouted...and you began to cower away...

Y/N: I-I'm...I'm sorry...

Again, you repeated those those words...

You didn't hear Roman speak after that...but...you did notice that he scooted closer to you...

Again...he placed his hand on your shoulder while taking in a deep breath...

Roman: ... kid...I don't do this often, but...whatever it is...tell me...

You faced Roman's voice with a broken smile as black tear could now be visible falling down from your mask and face.

His voice didn't hold any hint or clue to any hidden agendas he may have had in stored but...at this point you didn't care...

without warning or pause, you lept at Roman before hugging him.

Roman: holy crap!-

Y/N: I really am the worst...

You stayed there for a moment as you heard a car sized flaming rock fly past the both of you.

Awkwardly and somewhat fatherly. Roman placed a hand at you back before speaking.

Roman: u-uh...there there ?....*sigh*... you not bad kid, your just...

He trailed off on his words as you trues to answer.