Chapter 3: Two Sides Of A Deal

After a long awaited and deserved rest, you eventually woke up before taking in your surroundings. A strange ringing was present in your ears as you felt warm wind grace your skin. But this warm sensation wasn't granted by the wind however. No...it was from an open flame...

Your mind and heart raced...was it Tai and another flaming sword ready to finish the job, or-

Tank: welcome back...

Snapping out of your own hesitations and fears for a moment. You heard Tank's voice speak out from in front of you...but that was also when you began to hear something...

Something rotating in circles as it powered a strange machine. A cycle of mechanical inhaling, before an exhaust of heated air brushed your now dried body.

Was it a fan to a furnace perhaps?

Y/N: h-how long was I out?

You didn't receive an immediate response as you heard what sounded like a hammer pounding metal.

Tank: two days. I tried to wake you, but you wouldn't even budge.

Y/N: o-oh...sor-

You tried apologizing for oversleeping...until you felt something sharp swipe to move and aim at you...the way it cut the air with little to no resistance...it was a blade...or something sharp that is...

And by the heat of it, you could tell that it was probably just made.

Tank: were you about to apologize?

Somewhat appalled and afraid you nodded with a frightened expression.

Tank: for what?...resting your beaten and bruised body?- for finally getting a well earned rest after what you have been through?...why?

Your expression turned to that of confusion as you began to ponder over the questions given.

All this time, you've been apologizing for things simply not in your control or power.

A memory of when you lived with Tai and the others. Your stomach grumble out of hunger; you yawned when you were tired; you cried when you were hurt; and you went to the bathroom when you needed to go....all which you apologized for in the past.

Tank: no answer?

You mind snapped back to reality as you faced Tank, and the heated blade he aimed at you.

Y/N: I've...I've always apologized for things like that...

A small pause of silence fell upon the two of you until Tank spoke again...

Tank: from your family I assume?

You only looked away from Tank with an ashamed expression.

Tank: then this is for you then...

You heard the soft cutting of wind pass by as the strange heated sharp blade was pulled away and set down with a metal clang. Not long after you heard the beating of steel against metal.

Tank: Will you listen to what I have to say?

Y/N: Y-yes...

The sound of steel beating against steel filled the room once more.

Tank: much like the weapons that the hero's of old once used. The metal that made them what they are, can be just as important, if not crucial...

You heard the metal get raised before hearing Tank let out a huff of air. The sound of metal impurities and shavings falling from the blade filled your ears as Tank continued to speak.

Tank: a blade like the ones you would hear in stories make you dream and wonder, but...it seems that the people of today miss crucial questions...

You heard the metal get placed over the fire as the furnace roared to life with fire and flames.