20 POV: Kyle

TWs, poorly written angst

"You, you killed them. You killed them all."

I feel time stop as my heart drops, and ice-cold dread floods my veins.

"Stan-"

"You killed Wendy. You..." He mumbles, a look of frozen dread on his face.

"You monster."

Fear sends shudders down my spine. "Wait, Stan-"

"You selfish, fucking monster. You killed her. You fucking killed her." Stan stammers, and I watch him go weak.

"No, wait-"

"Oh my god, oh my-"

"-Let me talk." I interrupt him, catching his attention. "I-"

"-Talk about what? How you did it?" the noirette pauses, his eyebrows furrowing. "Oh my god, is that how you got stabbed? Wendy tried to fight you off. She tried to defend herself. But you murdered her, for fun, you sadistic fu-"

"-Not for fun, Stan. Just let me speak."

"Not for fun? Then why wasn't she drained? Why was she the only person who didn't have all their blood drank by you? Was it for fucking entertainment?" He snaps, tears welling up in his eyes.

It breaks my heart to see him like this. "No, I- she stabbed me, Stan. I was about to pass out, I didn't think to feed."

"Who else did you kill? Did you kill Scott aswell? Or is Kenny in on this too?"

"Don't bring Kenny into this," I say harshly, instantly regretting my tone of voice as I'm met with the cold, harsh glare of the only human to have ever made me feel something. "Stan..."

"Why did you lie to me? You promised. You fucking promised me, you said you didn't kill them." He speaks, his voice breaking slightly as tears go loose.

"I promised I didn't kill Butters." I correct the boy.

"Are you fucking serious right now?" Stan scoffs, a look of pure anger on his face. "I tried so hard to make this work. I didn't react to you murdering innocent people, did I? But then I find that you're responsible for Wendys death. I can't even... I don't even know what to say."

"I'm sorry, Stan. I never knew she was close to you at the time. I wish I could take it back, and my luck has b-"

"-Shut up. I thought I was lucky to have you, until I find out you're the reason I feel like shit. Luck doesn't fucking exist, does it? It's just.." Stan pauses, letting out a breathy laugh. "Consequence. It's all fucking consequence. Is this because I let myself get close to you? Did I set myself up for failure, for- for heartbreak?"

"Stop it, please." I plead quietly, trying to keep organised of all the emotions I'm experiencing right now. "Stop it."

"Stop what? Stop being surprised by this? I can't just pretend, Kyle. You killed her."

"I thought you didn't love her anymore." I mutter, glaring at him.

"Well maybe I do. Maybe I still love Wendy, you don't know that."

The sentence itself brings me to the brink. I don't know why that hurt me as much as it did, but before I even realise, I'm crying.

Stan raises an eyebrow in angered confusion. "Why... why are you crying? You shouldn't be crying, you don't have the right to be. I-I should be the one crying."

When I go to speak, my voice falters, failing me. With a lump in my throat, I sit there, fists clenched by my sides, head down. Crying.

This is embarrassing, I think to myself.