Chapter 98

Chapter 98

Quinn POV

It's been a few days since the attacks and Liam is finally out of the hospital. I spent every second of every day with him despite how much he protested. He thought I'd get better sleep on a real bed, but I assured him that nothing was better than sleeping next to my mate.

Anyone could see now that I'd fully given into the mate bond. Liam is my world now and I can't imagine anything different. He consumes my every waking thought and my dreams as well. He is my sun, moon, and stars and I can't imagine a life without him by my side.

As Liam and I were slowly walking back to his wing of the castle, we ran into Suze and Ethan.

"Quinny!" Suze called out to me.

I felt Liam wince at the noise. He hadn't been subjected to that level of volume since arriving in the hospital.

"Suze," I chided. "Soft voices please."

"Oh, alright," she whispered. "We have some news for you two. You're going to be an aunt and uncle!"

It was me who couldn't keep my volume down now, "Oh my goddess! What? Since when?"

Liam winced again but I was too excited to care now. Sorry Liam.

"We found out this morning," Ethan replied as he placed his hand on Suze's stomach. "She's already over a week along, so less than fifteen weeks to go. We're on our way to the hospital wing for our first ultrasound."

Ethan was beaming with pride.

"Oh, I'm just so happy for you two!" I cried, happy tears falling down my face.

"Me too," Suze laughed as we hugged each other. "Our kids are going to grow up together and be best friends."

I paused for a moment.

"Suze, I'm not pregnant," I reminded her.

"Not yet," she winked and then she and Ethan headed on their way.

I was stuck dumbfounded in the middle of the hallway when I felt Liam come behind me. He reached his arms around me and placed his hands on my stomach.

"Soon," he whispered as he kissed me on my mark.

~~~

The days passed by slowly at this point. Seth was in the dungeons being tortured and interrogated before his execution. Liam and I officially announced our mating to the kingdom. The king offered my father the position as the new head royal trainer, which he graciously accepted. He even offered my parents a house of their own on the grounds so they could be close but still have the alone time they desperately needed after being apart for so long. Reggie took over as head trainer of Diamond Crescent and I know he'll do a marvelous job.

Everything seemed to be going back to normal. All that was left was for Liam and I to be crowned the next king and queen of the werewolf kingdom. And believe it or not, that was happening today.

There was a flurry of excitement around the castle. There hadn't been a royal coronation for decades and everyone was working around the clock to get everything together. I'd been through hours and hours of "queen training" as Genevieve called it and Liam spent most of his time in meetings with his father.

We'd barely seen each other for days and it was taking a toll on me. I could tell it was taking a toll on Liam as well because every time we saw each other he couldn't keep his hands off me. He made me sit on his lap during meals, not that I was complaining. If he got off work early enough, we showered together, went to bed together, and he wouldn't let me go until morning. Our bond was still new and I didn't see it letting up anytime soon.

I was currently sat in front of a mirror while an army of people paraded around doing goddess know what to get me ready for our coronation day. I hadn't seen Liam since lunch the previous day and I could tell I was getting grumpy because of it. I growled at the girl who was plucking my eyebrows and I nearly kicked whoever was painting my nails. I was completely over all this pampering and I just wanted to see my mate.

After hours of preparation, it was time to get into my royal gown. I chose a gorgeous white a-line gown with beaded embellishments from top to bottom. It sparkled as I twirled side to side and my mood picked up slightly. I looked like a true princess.

Suze walked to my side in her own gorgeous dress. You couldn't see it now, but her tummy was starting to show a little bit of her baby bump. I was so excited for her and Ethan.

"I have the final touch," Suze said and I turned to look at her. She was holding a rectangular box and she opened it carefully. "It's a gift from your mate."

I gasped as I looked at the beautiful set of jewels in front of me. It was too much. I went to say as much to Suze but she hushed me and slapped my hand away.

She carefully placed the necklace around my neck. It was gorgeous and caught the light just like my dress did. I picked up the earrings and put them on as well. They hung daintily from my ears and matched the rest of my outfit.

If I'd known better, I'd have thought Liam had seen my dress, but I knew they kept it under lock and key. He wasn't allowed to see me or the dress before the coronation.

"It's time," my mom called from the doorway. I could see tears in her eyes as she looked at me in awe. "My darling girl, you are the most beautiful queen I have ever seen in my entire life."

"I'm not queen yet, mom," I giggled, trying to keep the tears at bay.

The last thing I wanted was for the makeup artists to descend upon me again. I could see them watching me like a hawk from the side of the room.

"Oh, but Quinny, you've always been destined for this," my mom sniffed, wiping her tears away. "You were destined for greatness from the moment I first laid eyes on you. You may not have seen it, but I know everyone who met you knew you would do great things in life. I know you'll be the most wonderful queen we could possibly have."

"Mom," I scolded. "You're going to make me ruin my makeup." I felt the tears welling up but refused to let any fall. "I'm so glad you're here with me. I don't think I'd be able to do this without you."

"I'm so glad I'm here too. I've missed you so much my darling. And you don't ever have to worry. I'll always be by your side. Forever and ever."

She kissed my forehead and reached out her hand for me. "Let's go see your mate."

I couldn't hold back my smile at that point. Goddess do I love him so much.