Chapter 62

Chapter 62

Liam POV

I thought I knew what a good night's sleep was but last night topped anything I could have possibly imagined. I woke up to the comforting feeling of soft tingles flowing throughout my body. Quinn's face was pressed into my bare chest and her right arm was wrapped tightly around my torso as if she thought I would disappear. Her right leg was hooked around my own leg and her thigh was dangerously close to rubbing against my groin. That was the only thing hard about having my mate sleep next to me all night.

I didn't want to wake her but I wasn't sure how much longer I would last in this position. She had my hip between her legs and I could swear I felt dampness as she unconsciously wrapped herself around me.

After another minute of this pleasurable torture, I decided I had to wake her. I reached my left hand to brush a few rogue hairs off her face. She shifted slightly, which only further worsened my predicament.

"Quinn," I whispered.

She groaned softly in response.

"Wake up darling," I said before sitting up slightly to place a kiss on the top of her head.

Her eyes fluttered open and I was frozen in place by her natural beauty. This woman was mine. No one else would ever hold her the way I am holding her right now or see those beautiful eyes the moment she woke up from a full night's sleep.

Quinn didn't seem like she was ready to wake up though. She buried her face in my chest and wrapped herself around me tighter than before. This caused her leg to fully brush against my hardness and I sucked in a breath at the contact.

By now my wolf was fighting to get to the surface. He was having trouble resisting her scent and touch. He wanted to mark and mate her and he wanted it now.

"Quinn," I winced.

"Hmm?" she responded.

"I'm gonna need you to let me go," I said though it pained me to say so.

She looked up at me and I could see the hurt flash in her eyes.

"Oh," she said as she slowly retracted her arms.

"It's not you Quinn," I said quickly. "Although you are the reason I'm in this predicament in the first place, I suppose," I added while gesturing towards the very noticeable tent that was pitched beneath the covers.

Quinn's eyes bulged slightly as she quickly scooted away from me. If I didn't know how inexperienced she was, I would have been hurt by her actions.

"Why don't you start getting ready," I said, pulling her out of her daze.

Her eyes darted towards mine and I could tell she was purposely avoiding looking any lower than my neck.

"I'm going to sit here and think about something highly unappealing for a bit so I can walk properly. Then I might take a cold shower. I'm not used to this kind of...action...this early in the morning."

I could see the corners of Quinn's mouth tilt up in a small smile before she dashed towards the bathroom. I laid there thinking about anything that wasn't my incredibly alluring mate that was on the other side of the bathroom door.

'You should have just let me mark her,' my wolf growled. 'Couldn't you feel that she wanted us as much as we wanted her?'

'Hush,' I responded immediately. 'We are not going to mark Quinn against her will. I need her to trust me and doing that would break her trust. She's my one chance at happiness and I'll be damned if I let some horny wolf mess that up.'