37. Emery

We sit in silence in Aria's car as we drive. I still have no fucking idea where we're going.

"Where are we going?" I mumble.

"Remember when I said next time it'd be us going out and getting drunk? Yeah, well that's where we're going," Leia says.

"Oh," I murmur.

We pull up to a place that's so damn dark, I can't even tell where the hell we are.

We get out and walk inside and I immediately want to leave. It's dark, but there are colorful lights flashing. And there are a lot of people here.

Before I have a chance to ask Aria or Leia what we're doing, someone puts and drink in my hand. I go to set it down but Leia grabs my hand.

"Maybe you should drink it," she says. "You haven't been relaxed in so long because of Jack. Just drink it. Nothing will happen. Aria and I are here. Plus, you can call Grayson if you'd rather him be here."

I hesitate for a second before downing the drink. It tastes like shit.

I don't know how long we spend here, or how many drinks I have, but by the time I feel like I shouldn't drink anymore, I can't even stand up straight.

I don't know where Aria or Leia are right now, but I feel my phone ringing.

"Emmy?" Grayson's voice says from the phone.

"Hi, Gray," I murmur. "I miss you."

"I miss you too," he says.

"I miss you too so much," I giggle.

"Emmy, are you drunk?" Grayson says, his voice more concerned now.

"Nope," I grin. "I'm so so so drunk."

"For fucks sake, Emmy," he sighs.

"You said a naughty word," I gasp. Silly Gray.

"Emmy, where are you?" Grayson asks. "Where's Aria? And Leia?"

"How in the world do you expect me to know where I am?" I slur. "They disappeared after they drank something. I haven't seen them since the last time I saw them."

"Devyn and I are going to come pick you guys up, okay?" He says, and I can hear someone else's voice. "Stay where you are, Emmy. We'll be there soon."

"Where do you think I'm going to go?" I frown. "I'm literally sitting on the ground. Wait, actually, I don't know what I'm sitting on. It's like a chair, except it's not because it's actually comfortable. Oh, never mind, I do know what it is. It's a couch. Can you believe that?"

"I'll be there in five minutes, Emmy," I hear him say.

"Be where in five minutes?" I wrinkle my nose.

"To get you, baby. I'm on my way," he sighs quietly.

"To get me from what?" I pout.

"Can you find Aria for me? And Leia?" Grayson asks.

"Nope," I giggle. "My legs are on vacation. They are no workie. If I get up, I'm not going to be able to do anything. Well actually, that's a lie. I can most definitely fall onto the floor. I just don't think that would be helpful. Would it?"

"No, you're right, baby. That wouldn't be very helpful," he sighs. "Two minutes. I'm almost there."

"Oh, yeah, take your time, I'm not in a rush to go—oh hey look, there's a kitty cat," I quickly try to get up and nearly fall over. "Woah. That was a close one."

"Emmy, baby, I need you to sit down. I'm pulling up right now," he says.

"Alright, good talk," I set my phone down and try to stand up again.

"Baby, I told you to stay sitting," Grayson says as he lifts me into his arms and grabs my phone.

"Yeah, I tried to," I tell him. "I was going to stay right there, but then I saw a kitty and I wanted to pet him. Or her. I don't know where that cat went now though. Have you seen a cat before, Gray? They're so cute. But I'm pretty sure that one might have been mean. It kept hissing, so it was probably a boy cat. That would be cool, don't you think? To have a hissing boy cat?"

Grayson puts me down in the backseat.

"Where are you going?" I tilt my head.

"To the driver's side. We need to wait for Devyn. He's bringing Aria and Leia out," he sits down in the front and turns to face me.

The other door opens and I try to scramble out.

Grayson grabs me and gently pushes me back into my seat.

"Hey, you think it would be funny if I started yelling that you're a kidnapper?" I slur.

"I really don't," he sighs, shaking his head.

"I want a kiss. Right here," I tap my lips repeatedly and he shakes his head at me, fighting a smile.

Aria and Leia slide in next to me.

"Hey, Gray, look. I found them," I smile proudly at him.

"Good job, baby," he murmurs as Devyn gets in the front seat and Grayson starts driving.

"Can I have a kitty?" I giggle.

"You're not getting a fucking cat, Emery," Devyn mumbles.

"Um, excuse you, first of all, that's a naughty word. And excuse you twice, I wasn't talking to you," I slur.

"Naughty, naughty, naughty," Leia giggles.

"How much did you guys drink tonight?" Devyn turns in his chair to look at us.

I hold up my fingers and start counting all the way up to ten before doing it again. "Two," I say matter-of-factly.

"More like two hundred," Aria burst out laughing, and Leia and I join her.

"This isn't a joke," Grayson murmurs. "Emmy, how much did you drink? I thought you were just telling me that I was being irresponsible, and now you go and do the same thing?"

"Ohhh," Leia giggles. "Emery is getting in trouble with her boyfriend."

"Why are you being meanie face to me?" I pout.

"I'm not being meanie face. I just want to know how much you drank," he sighs.

"Yeah, I told you two," I frown at him.

"Yeah, but what about me? I said two hundred," Aria says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Are you trying to get me in trouble?" I narrow my eyes at her.

"You're boyfriend won't get mad at you, silly," Aria giggles.

Grayson and Devyn open their doors and walk to the backseat. My door opens and I fling myself at Grayson.

"Hi," I grin.

"Hi," he laughs quietly, picking me up.

I hear footsteps on the sidewalk and lots of giggles.

"I missed you," I kiss his jaw.

"I missed you too," he takes a deep breath and rubs my back gently. "Let's put you to bed. You're going to feel like shit tomorrow."