07. Emery

"I'm going to bed," I mumble.

Before Grayson can respond I walk down the hallway.

I throw myself onto my bed, not bothering to take off my makeup or dress.

I groan when my alarm goes off.

I quickly shut it off before pulling to covers over my head.

When Aria doesn't barge into my room and drag me out of bed, I assume that means I can go back to sleep.

"Emery," Aria mutters, "get up."

"Mmm," I grumble, throwing the blanket off my head and letting her pull me up.

"Get dressed," Aria mumbles. "We're going to be late again."

"I'm perfectly fine with that," I sigh. I roll out of bed and throw on the first pair of clothes I can find.

When I walk into the kitchen, only Aria waits for me.

"Come on," she murmurs. "Devyn already left."

When we get into the car her phone starts blaring music from last night.

"Shit," I snarl, quickly turning it off and rubbing my ears. That was fucking loud.

"Whoops," Aria laughs.

"What time did we end up getting back last night?" I whine. "I'm fucking tired."

"You're always tired," Aria teases. "We got home at nine-thirty."

"That's so late," I groan.

"No, it's not," Aria laughs.

"Yes, it is," I mutter.

When we pull up to school, Aria quickly gets out and walks to the front of the school.

"Hurry," she calls. "If you hurry, you won't be late."

"Yeah, whatever," I snort.

As I walk to my class, I notice a group of guys staring at me. Jack's friends. Weird.

I continue walking, keeping my head down, but someone steps in front of me.

"Hey," one of them says. Hugo. Just fucking perfect.

"Hi," I mumble, trying to go around him, but he grabs my wrist and pulls me back.

"Where're you going?" Hugo murmurs.

"To class," I snap at him, pulling my arm away. "Back the fuck off."

Before I can leave, Hugo pushes me back and two sets of arms grab me.

"You don't need to go," Hugo smirks.

"Yeah," one of the ones grabbing me says. I don't recognize his voice. "You think it's funny to have your bitchy brother vandalize people's shit? And then slap people when they confront you?"

Vandalize?

"Oh, so now she can't speak," Hugo snorts. "How fucking convenient."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I snarl, doing my best to pull away from them.

"So you didn't slap Jack?" The other one asks with humor in his voice. Kyle.

Of course, I did.

"That's what I thought," Kyle smirks.

"Just let her go," Hugo snarls. "We have to go before someone sees."

Kyle shoves me before the three boys turn and walk away.

Assholes.

I storm to class, doing my best to avoid everyone. Jack must have made this a big deal because everyone is looking at me and whispering.