27. Emery

We walk to Grayson's room and he shuts the door behind us.

His room is the opposite of mine. Mine is messy and unorganized, while Grayson's is pretty much spotless. Nothing is on the floor or out where it can be seen.

"Surprised?" Grayson smirks at me when he sees my reaction.

"Yeah," I giggle. "I didn't expect it to be so clean."

"I clean it like four times a day. And I spend most of my time at your house," he shrugs.

He moves to his bed and lays down. I follow him and lay down next to him.

He pulls the blanket over me and I smile at him. I jump when I hear the thunder again.

"Oh, Emmy," he laughs softly, pulling me closer to him.

"Gray?" I whisper after a minute.

"Mhm?" He murmurs.

"What were you going to tell me?" I ask him. He looks at me confused and I continue. "When you said maybe one day I'd know why you helped me? You said you couldn't tell me yet, but—"

"Emmy, it's not a good idea," Grayson sighs, moving away from me a little. "I shouldn't tell you."

"Please?" I peek up at him.

His jaw works and he looks away from me.

"Gray, please, I—"

"I love you," he blurts, cutting me off. My body freezes and my face flushes. "I've been in love with you for years, Emmy. And I know it's not right because I've always been a bitch to you, but I was scared. I—I never knew how to show it or how to tell you. I mean, fuck, you're my best friend's little sister, and it's—"

I press my lips to his and he groans softly.

"I love you, Grayson Woods," I whisper, smiling as I pull back.

"Fuck," he breathes, kissing me again. He fists his hands in my hair and I put my arms around his neck. I deepen the kiss and feel him smile.

"Gray," I gasp as he breaks us apart.

"You're so beautiful," he sighs, trailing his hands to my waist.

I let my hands trail down to the bottom of his shirt, before slipping under it. He groans and rests his head back against the wall. I pull it all the way off of him and plant kisses all over his chest. I move higher and kiss his face. His jaw, his lips, his forehead, his chin, his nose.

I kiss every inch of his face before I make my way to his neck. I suck on his skin and he makes a strange noise in his throat. I don't know how long I do that, but it's not fucking long enough.

There's a knock on the door and Grayson and I groan in annoyance. I pull back from him and rest my head against his chest.

"Come in," he calls, still breathless.

Paul peeks in at us and shakes his head. "I'd say to keep this door open, but I'd rather not have to listen to whatever you guys do up here," he says. I smile softly and Grayson rolls his eyes.

"Just go back to sleep or something then," Grayson smirks. "Then you won't have to hear anything."

"Kids these days," Paul shakes his head and closes the door behind him.

I look back up at Grayson and he's already staring at me.

"Hi," he breathes.

"Hi," I giggle. I look down at his neck and bite my lip. "I'm sorry about that," I point to the marks on his neck.

"Don't be," he smiles wickedly. "Now everyone knows who I belong to."

I chew on my lip and a blush coats my cheeks.

"Can I kiss you again?" Grayson asks.

"Yes," I whisper.

He slams his lips against mine again and I gasp as he lifts me off the bed and pulls me onto his lap. Kissing him is fucking amazing. Like it's something he actually enjoys.

"Gray," I moan quietly as he starts running his hands over my body.

He bites my lip gently, causing me to whimper.

He pulls back and stares at me.

"Wh—what? Why'd you stop?" I frown at him, trying to catch my breath.

"Make that fucking noise again," he groans.

"I—I can't," I whisper. He brushes his lips over my neck and his breath tickles.

"Gray," I whine. "That's not fair."

"God, Emmy," he breathes. "You smell so fucking good."

"I smell like you," I grin at him. "I'm wearing your hoodie."

"Mhm," he smiles, rubbing his nose against my neck. "Lay down."

"What? Why?" I look up at him.

"You need to sleep," he mumbles.

"You can't actually expect me to sleep now," I gape at him.

"You need your sleep, Emmy," he grins. "We both know how you get when you're tired."

"But—but, I want to keep kissing you. I want to stay awake with you," I pout.

"I'm not going anywhere, baby," he smooths my hair back. "I'll be here when you wake up."

Baby. I love when he calls me that.

I nod and snuggle into his arms. He kisses the top of my head and holds me tight.

"I love you," I whisper.

"I never thought I'd ever hear you say that to me," Grayson smiles while closing his eyes. "I love you too."

And for the first time, the howling wind and roaring thunder don't seem so bad.

My eyes flutter open when I feel Grayson shifting next to me. I look up at him and he smiles.

"Hi gorgeous," he kisses me softly.

"Hi," I smile into his kiss.

"Did you sleep well?" Grayson murmurs.

"Yes," I mumble.

"Good," he sighs.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask him.

"Very," he grins.

My phone busses and his smile slightly fades. "Devyn keeps texting you," he mutters, grabbing my phone for me. "He wants to know when we're going back."

"Why?" I stretch.

"Because it's eleven-thirty in the morning and he's wondering why we haven't woken up yet," he grumbles.

"What? Eleven-thirty?" I gasp, grabbing my phone to check the time.

"There's nothing wrong with sleeping in," he kisses my shoulder. "You needed it."

"We should probably go soon," I whisper, turning to look up at him.

"Probably," he agrees as he presses his lips to mine.