87

[Jacob POV]

It's been a good couple of weeks since either of us had last heard of Kayden, and I was trying to find an apartment. I've gotten multiple of my paychecks, and I'm really wanting to get out of Spade's place. He isn't suggesting it or anything, I love him to death, but I think me and Luca need our own place. And both Spade himself and Luca agreed with me. So, I found someone trying to rent their apartment out until their lease was up and messaged them. I opened Facebook for the first time in over a year just for this. They wanted $100 for the place, and the rent was 800 a month. It had one bedroom, one bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room, so I figured why not.

"Dady, look it!" Luca shouted, running over to me and handing me a paper. He mostly stopped calling me Papa, but I'm not complaining.
"Let me see, Baby," I said, taking it from him. It was a drawing of two stick people, labeled 'My Dady' and 'Me', holding hands outside.
"That's so cute. You drew us?" I asked. He giggled and nodded, sitting up next to me on the bed.
"Ya, that's you and me, and I even drew a butterfly!" He proudly told me. I leaned over and kissed his face over and over.
"I'll hang it up somewhere," I reassured him. He swung his legs and babbled as I got a response from the person renting. It was about when we could meet up to talk about dates to move in, money transactions, and the details of the apartment. An oven and refrigerator were already supplied by the apartment complex and gas for the stove, and the water was paid for. You pretty much just paid for electricity. It sounded great, so we messaged back and forth about details.

They had already packed up and were only waiting for someone to take their offer on the space, so It moved pretty fast. In the few days we messaged, they had gotten paperwork set up that I needed to sign and turn into the apartment office to finalize everything, so I'm currently trying to get Luca ready.
"You have to wear pants, I don't care if they're shorts, but you can't just stay in your boxers," I told him. He pouted and whined.
"I don't want jeans!" He reminded me for the 4th time.
"Then I can put you in shorts, you want that?" I told him again. He nodded a little. I don't know why he ignored that the other three times, but I'm just glad he finally agreed to some sort of bottoms. I dug out a pair of black cotton shorts. The same pair he wore when we played in the hose and helped him get dressed.
"There we go," I mumbled, grabbing his socks and slipping them on his feet. I already had myself in clean clothes, so I just put both of our shoes on and grabbed my keys and wallet.

We got to the address, 2160 South Main Street, and I had my phone on the aux for both the GPS and my music. So I pulled it off the cord and unbuckled myself. I heard Luca struggle with his for a second but get there eventually as I got out. I walked around to his side and watched him shut his door.
"Which one is it?" He asked. I thought about what he meant before realizing he meant which apartment.
"23" I told him. Each building has 30 apartments, and there are 7 or so buildings. To make it a little easier, each building has the 30 apartment numbers listed by the door.
"We're just meeting to sign papers and stuff," I told him as I walked up to the door and opened it. I walked in, and since it was up the first set of stairs, I led Luca up them. I found the apartment and knocked, letting Luca play with my fingers as we stood there.

[Luca POV]

I messed with Jacob's fingers as I anxiously waited for her to answer the door. I hope it doesn't take super long cause I'm getting hungry. After a couple of seconds, she opened up and smiled at us.
"Hey! Jacob?" She asked.
"Yeah, and this is just my boyfriend," Jacob confirmed as she opened the front door all the way for us. I just followed them around the apartment, listening to what both of them were saying. I didn't know what to ask, so I didn't try. I just held onto Jacob's hand. The place looked fine, I liked the windows in the living room.
"So the paperwork is just on the counter. You can read over it and all that before you sign them," the woman said, handing Jacob the forms. He glanced over them while making small conversation with her before signing them with the pen she provided.