Happy Birthday! (14)

༺♡༻
99th Precinct
9:21

~Y/n POV~

The day started like any other day here in Brooklyn. The traffic was jammed during work rush hours. The smell of smoke and hotdogs filled the air. And the precinct was empty.

"What the..." I began, however, my confusion soon was replaced with fear when...

"SURPRISE!!" Everyone yelled, I jumped in shock on drew out my gun, only to see the precinct littered with confetti and balloons. Gina and Jake stepped forward with grins on their faces.

"Happy Birthday to the best girlfriend ever!" Jake smiled before pulling me into a bone-crushing hug. Suddenly I felt another pair of arms wrap around us. In shock, I pull apart to see Charles grinning. "Charles! What did I tell you." Jake scolds his best friend.

"Sorry! But the hug looked so adorable it would have been a crime not to get in on that!" Charles says passionately.

"Okay..." I say, choosing to ignore his antics. Gina then too, hugged me.

"Charles if you join in on this hug, I'm going to take a baseball bat to ur balls." Gina threatens. Charles, who had his arms out ready, stepped back and lowers his head and arms in sadness.

"Well joke on you, Gina. Someone already did that, and now my balls don't function correctly!" Charles states happily, sounding as though he had beaten Gina with his 'brag'.

"Happy Birthday, L/n." Caption Holt said, along with a firm handshake and a small nod. I smiled at the man and thanked him. One by one people came to greet me and wish me happy birthday, which warmed my heart.

"Your gifts are on your desk." Jake smiled. I too smiled and made my way over to my desk. I placed my gifts under my desk for opening later. "I have a dinner reservation at 5:00 for your favourite restaurant, and then afterwards the squad is meeting at Shaw's for a couple of rounds of drinks." Jake informs me. My heart warms hearing and seeing the effort he and the squad have gone through to celebrate my birthday.

"Thank you, handsome." I said without hesitation. Jake's face lights up and his mouth contorts into us stupid yet adorable grin.

"What was that?" He asks, his joy boiling over.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." I deny and deny. On the inside, I wanted to throw myself off the precinct for what I said.

"We'll I heard-" Jake started, sounding as cocky as ever.

"Peralta! Don't you have work to do?" Scolded Holt. I giggled at Jake's face, which was in pure shock and terror.

18:32
Shaw's Bar

Everyone was talking and dancing the night away. After an amazing meal with Jake eating my favourite food and now having fun with my favourite people. I couldn't imagine a more perfect way to spend my birthday.

"A toast, to the most amazing girlfriend and second-best detective, me being the best, to Y/n L/n! Happy Birthday!" Jake yelled, and everyone joined in yelling a happy birthday.

"Awh thanks, Jake." I smile and kiss him on the cheek. His cheeks turn red and he looks back at me with a cheeky grin.

"No worries, you deserve to have the best night ever." He grins before pulling me into a kiss.

༺♡༻

I'm so sorry I've not updated in a few months! It's been a weird year but I'm back!! Thank you for all the support I love all of you!! I'll be updating all my books while working on new things to keep me motivated <3