Turkey Day pt. 1 (12)

༺♡༻
99th Precinct
8:57

~Y/n POV~

As November was coming to a close, the traditional nationally beloved holiday drew nearer. Thanksgiving. Currently, it was the last Thursday of November and decorations of autumnal colours littered the precinct.

Truthfully, I had no real plans for this holiday. My mind had failed to remember about the holiday before it was too late. My family lived far away and there was no hope of reaching them in time for the big feast at the end of the day.

Luckily I got to spend most of the day with my friends here at work.

As the elevator doors slid open with a ding, I faced the ever so confusing scene ever. Charles Boyle was prancing around the room in a Turkey costume. Never a full day at the 99th Precinct.

I giggled at the sight and walked over to Jake, who wore an amused grin as he watched his best friend make turkey noises with a smile.

"Should I even bother asking?" I grin down at Jake, who was slouching in his chair.

"Probs not." He smiled back, and just as I was about to talk, the strained voice of Charles gobbling his way over here filled my ears.

"Gobble, gobble! I'm Tommy Gobbler! Happy Turkey Day young lady!" Spoke Charles while putting on a strange voice. Awkwardly I let out a laugh and strained a smile at the man. Slowly, my head turned to face Jake, who was holding in his laughter for dear life.

"What?" I asked once Boyle left.

"Charles doesn't like to call Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving so he calls it Turkey Day." Jake explained once he finally calmed down.

"Any particular reason?" I quirked a brow at him.

Jake pauses for a moment, before slowly shaking his head. "No? Not that I can't remember at least..."

I shrugged my shoulders and went towards my desk which was stationed opposite Jake's. "So..." Jake began.

"So?" I questioned, however, I didn't look at him as I was unpacking my bag, ready for a full day of work.

"You, uh... got any plans? For Turkey Day?" Jake asked, his voice quieter than usual, but loud enough for me to hear.

"Not really... I forgot about thanksgiving this year, work has been a lot, you know?" I smile at Jake who slightly frowned upon hearing this.

"You've been overworking yourself" he shakes his head. "Why don't you come over and we can have a chill night together?" Jake offered.

My face lit up. "Thank you, Jake! I'd love to." I smiled brightly at the man opposite me, who in return smiled just as brightly. I then turned to face my computer, logging on, ready for work.

~Jake's POV~

With a bright smile, she turned to log onto her computer. A small breath of relief leaves me, the stress of asking her finally evaporating from my body. My head turned towards Turkey-dressed Boyle who was smiling brighter than ever. He throws two thumbs in the air and mouthed 'Good one, Jakey' before turning around to log in too.

This evening will be perfect, it has to be perfect. Perfect for her.

༺♡༻