Under Lock and Key (6)

༺♡༻

Safehouse: Day 1
8:34 am

The day I left was filled with pain. The pain of leaving my friends behind so I could stay safe. The pain of knowing they won't be safe. The pain of knowing I won't see them for a while. Pain.

I dared to do anything other than wallow in my misery. Curse my ego. Curse my ambition. Curse my determination. Curse me for thinking I could waltz up to a potential serial killer and just have a jolly good chat with them without raising suspicion.

The reality was, that Rosa and I were desperate. This cold case had been tearing us apart and reducing our minds to numbness for many weeks. When we got that lead, it felt like the world suddenly sparked alive with colour. The dullness that plagued my brain suddenly went away as though it was never there.

We were close. So fucking close. Yet, I blew it. Rosa told me not to worry about it. She said it wasn't my fault. She said there was no one to blame. How could I have known? Although that may be true, I can't seem the shake this feeling deep within my soul that I've let my friends down, that I've endangered them, that I'll hurt Jake...

Jake. I didn't get to say goodbye. With the little time I had, I failed to apologise to him. He could die, because of me. Any one of them could die, because of my mistake. The truth kills. The truth is, I can't bear to look at myself.

Unknown. Alienated from the world I once considered my home, I lay restless on the wooden floor. Any progress the Squad may or may not have made remains and mystery to me. If they are hurt, well I won't know until Sunday.

Yes, Sunday. The only day I get to feel normal. The day where all my troubles will melt away as someone gets to visit. Captain has said that each time one of them would visit, he will pull a random day out of the hat and a name out of another to determine who will visit me next and when that will happen.

Today is Wednesday. Meaning, that I have to wait 4 days until someone visits. I don't know who... but I do know that Scully and Hitchcock's names weren't entered in the hat, thank the heavens.

4 days. Or 96 hours. Or 5760 minutes... Or 345600 seconds... I'm fine. Totally fine. I'm going to be just fine...

Fine.

Alone.

In a hotel room.

No form of entertainment.

Not a soul I can talk to.

The walls, a créame white.

The window looks out to a brick wall.

The bed was whiter than the wall.

The bathroom is as basic as vanilla.

Nothing.

Alone.

Someone, please save me!

༺♡༻

Safehouse: Day 4
7:56 am

Groundhog Day. The seconds mirrored the last. Like the Beast trapped in his castle, I missed my days in the sun. Call me dramatic, but being alone for 3 days and see how you like it!

On the brighter side of this dull life I seem to lead, today is Saturday. Hopefully, someone, anyone will break this never-ending chain. For here, time works differently yet the exact same.

Second felt like hours, hours seemed everlasting. To make it through the day without scratching my eyeballs out in pure boredom is a miracle. How can someone be alone for this long? I can barely take being locked up here while my friends are in danger for 3 days, today being my 4th day! I couldn't bear to imagen being locked up for the best part of a year and not once leaving your house for some bizarre reason.

I'm fine. So I tell myself. Truly. I can't seem to fool my own damn mind anymore. So much for gaslight gatekeep girl bossing my way through this shit. I pray tomorrow is all I've dreamed about.

༺♡༻

Safehouse: Day 5
12:34

They were meant to be here. They promised. They...

'Remember Detective L/n. Someone will come and see you on this day no later than midday.' Captain Holt said while holding the slip of yellow dyed paper that read 'Sunday' on the palm of his hand.

The memory seemed so distant. As though the memory originated a millennium ago. But what could a girl do? I don't believe I've ever related to someone like Rapunzel more in my life! The thought of being kept under lock and key for eternity was unfathomable to my tiny kiddish brain. Now, I finally understand why she ran away with a man she just met, who broke into her house, after he stole her crown, just so she could see the lights.

However my life isn't a movie, and I'm currently lying beside my sofa, seeing as it's one of the very few blind spots during the day. The ceiling looked rather peculiar this afternoon. There is a damp spot just above me that my eyes have been locked onto for the past hour. Just like clouds in the sky, the dampness began to dissolve into a clear image of Lizzo. More specifically, Lizzo eating a turtle.

I have truly lost it. At least the smell of potatoes has finally left the room-

*knock knock knock, knock-knock*

Who? What? Oh lord! What if the Hotdog serial killer has found me? What dumb name did he call himself again? Smoke?

Slowly (because I couldn't go any faster), I army crawled towards the front door. There, resting atop the table, a black hand-gun. Quietly, I raised to my feet. Step by step, I cautiously shuffled towards the blue painted door, using the peephole to spy on the other side.

"Oh, lord!" I jumped back in surprise. A magnified brown eye stared back at me. Whoever stood behind that door seemed to have heard me, their pupils dilated and their eyes shrunk, revealing the goofy smile I've longed to see.

"Oh Patricia, my darling wife, is that you?" What the- The desperate attempt of a British accent muffled out from behind the door. Lowering my gun, my hand reached for the door handle.

There, stood Jake, wearing a dashing all-black suit, with a dark grey dress shirt and black tie. He mouthed, 'play along' with an overly obvious wink.

"Oh, darling! How wonderful it is to see you once more, my love." My posh British accent would bring Queen Lizzie to tears. Quickly, I grabbed Jake's hand and pulled him along.

The very moment the door closed, Jake and I threw ourselves at each other. Consumed by each other's touch. His arms tightened around my waist as mine latched around his neck. Our undying need to hold one another closer controlled us, although neither of us dared to complain. Still in his comforting grip, he lifted me. My legs wrapped around his waist as my feet meet each other behind him. Jake's head rested on top of mine, and my face snuggled into the crook of his neck.

I've missed this. His knee-weakening touch. His heart-melting gaze. His back arching voice. This man in my arms could ruin my world, and I wouldn't dare to complain. I never knew until now, how much I wanted him. How much I needed him. Jake Peralta, you are my drug, that I'll be addicted to for the rest of my life.

༺♡༻

I'm so sorry I haven't been uploading! Exams are coming up, my first being tomorrow, and I haven't found the time to write. To anyone, like me, who is doing their exams rn, good luck! I wish you all the best <3

Also sorry for any spelling mistakes!!
Love you all <333

Redamancy | ᴶᵃᵏᵉ ᴾᵉʳᵃˡᵗᵃ ˣ ᴿᵉᵃᵈᵉʳजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें