Fine Dining - Turkey Day pt. 2 (13)

A/n: I formally apologise to any vegans/vegetarians/people who don't eat red meat, just change the main meal to whatever you prefer :)

༺♡༻
In a Taxi
19:03

~ Y/n POV ~

The nerves of my anticipation flow through my body, making a giddy feeling stir in my gut. Currently, I am sitting in a taxi, fiddling with the end of my dress. I wasn't quite sure what to wear, I was going over to Jake's house for thanks- I mean Turkey Day, but I wasn't sure if anyone else was to be expected. Nor did I know if this was a casual or more fancy evening Jake had planned.

The dress I wore was my favourite colour, perhaps that's why I was drawn to it. It was a smooth silk fabric, that ended in the middle of my thighs. The dress accentuated my beautiful body perfectly. No matter how I felt about my body or looks that day, this dress melted away any self-hate my brain held, and draws out this newfound confidence in me.

Despite this, I was still nervous about this evening. It was just Jake right... nothing to worry out. Not a thing.

The yellow cab slowed outside an apartment block until it came to a stop. I thank the driver and pay what I owe before slipping out of the vehicle onto the sidewalk.

"Here I go..." I nod to myself. I head up the steps that lead to the front door. I read over the list of last names next to the buttons and find one labelled as J. Peralta. With a shaky hand, my button pushes down on the button, causing a deep buzz to sound from the box.

"Hello?" A voice spoke from the speaker. I instantly recognised the hyper voice, it was Jake.

"Hello," I said with a bright smile, "It's me, Y/n"

"Great!" Jake beamed. "Let me buzz you in, and come straight up" the sound cut off abruptly before the sound of another buzz, this time coming from the door, sounded out.

I gently turn the rounded door knob and push open the front door. After a glance around the main hallway, I start to climb the stairs while keeping an eye out for Jake's apartment.

After climbing up a couple of flights, I come across his apartment. I take a deep breath and knock on the door.

From the other side of said door, I could hear the muffled sounds of hurried shuffling and footsteps, before they suddenly stopped at the door.

The door opened, revealing Jake in a suit! "Ah good, you dressed fancy, forgot to tell you this morning that this will be a classy event," Jake said with a wide grin and he looked me up and down.

"My, my, Peralta. Don't you look absolutely dashing" I replied grinning back. Jake's cheeks turn red, and he laughs in a futile attempt to cover up how my words affected him.

"As do you, m'lady. Please, come in" Jake stepped aside, allowing me to enter.

"Why thank you, kind Sir." We both abrupt in laughter. However, my laughter was cut short once my eyes land on the room.

Jake's living room was dimly lit by many candles, giving the room a beautiful lavender and vanilla scent. Rose petals were scattered across the room and atop the white sheet that covered the circular table. The table sat in the centre of it all, decorated with a beautiful bouquet, fancy wine glasses and cutlery. My eyes began to water at the beautifully romantic sight. So rich in detail and care that warmed my heart.

I spun around to face Jake, whose smile dropped after seeing my face. "Wow, hey, Y/n. What's wrong, darling? Was it too much? Not enough? I'm sor-" he began to worry and panic, I could see it in his eyes. Though, I put an end to his worry with a gentle, yet loving kiss.