60| prince

I use a towel to dry my damp hair as I walk out of the bathroom and into my bedroom

I use a towel to dry my damp hair as I walk out of the bathroom and into my bedroom. My eyes drift over to him.

He laid on the bed with his arm draped over his eyes. "You alright there, pretty boy?" I ask with a slight smirk.

August hummed a yes, not moving his arm away from his face. I inch closer to his side of the bed.

A squeal leaves my lips as he shoots up, wrapping me into his arms. "Let me go." I say this through a laugh.

He leaned back to get a good look at my face. His eyes searched mine. One hand slowly slips down my side.

A mischievous smirk forms on his lips. His fingers start moving, attacking my side with tickles. "No!" I exclaim, trying to get away from him but fail.

I thrashed in his hold. I begged August to stop through my laughter. "August, stop it!" He chuckles in response.

August slowly stops his tickle attack and pulls away from me with a deep laugh that rumbles his chest.

"You look so pissed, it's cute." I glare at him and try to catch my breath. "I hate you." I mumble. August shakes his head.

His finger slips under my jaw, lifting it up. "Well, I love you." He whispers, pulling me to him.

The kiss was short and soft. He smiles against my lips. Pulling away to see him with his eyes shut.

August was still smiling, which caused a swarm of butterflies to fill my stomach. "Do you want to come with me to see my mom?"

I frowned when his smile dropped. "Why?" His voice was deep. "She changed." He stares at me like he's having a hard time believing me.

"If she says anything rude, we are leaving." He warns.

I nod, and his eyes soften as he pulls me back to his lips. He lets out a deep sigh. "I wish we could just stay here forever." August's arms wrap around me, squeezing me lightly.

He placed a wet kiss on my neck, causing me to giggle. Reacting the way I did, he does it again.

Shoving on his shoulder and hopping out of the bed to get away from him

I glared at him from across the room, but I couldn't stop the smile from making its way onto my lips. "What? I love your laugh." August says, a smile planted on his face.

***

August's jaw was clenched as we pulled into the driveway of my mom's house. After Matt went to jail, Mom quickly moved out.

I'm assuming that he hasn't been able to find her because she changed her last name back to her maiden name.

When she left my father, she kept his last name, which always pissed me off a little, but I couldn't do anything about it.